addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Software for Renewable Energy - Bay Area Message Board › Reminder: SWRE meeting on Thursday evening in SVale

Reminder: SWRE meeting on Thursday evening in SVale

David M.
user 8805955
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
All,

I can't wait to see you all again tomorrow evening at our next SWRE meeting.

Remember, bring along some challenges you're facing which you would like some new, crowd-sourced perspectives on. There's a good chance that one of us has done something similar to what you're working on now but we'll never know unless you share your triumphs and your challenges with us.

I'm excited to mention a few new things this time around.

1.) Tomorrow night we'll have pizza sponsored by Round Table... so come hungry (of course I'll get some adult beverages for us too... you can't have a martini glass as a logo and not have some drinks :D)

2.) I'll be "live streaming" tomorrow's meeting. This was a request from one of our group members (thanks William) and could also act as a "try it before buy it" for those group members who want to see whether this group is for them before they invest the time and $ to attend in person.

To be clear, I have never played any part in live streaming an event before... so this will be rocky. I don't think I'll have figured out how to share my screen into the broadcast by tomorrow evening... so you'll mostly just be staring up my nose via my laptop's web-cam. I'll also probably make you sick by whipping my laptop around like a top when others are speaking. Clearly, you're in for quite the treat :)

So, if you want to virtually attend the meeting, you'll do so by waiting until about 7:10pm and then hitting up:

http://twebevent.com/...­

It'll be a ustream video wrapped in twebevent... The former gives us a live video stream and the latter gives us a nice twitter conversation page. Regardless of whether you're in-person or watching on-line, you'll be able to send a tweet with the hash tag #swre and we'll all get to see your comment. This will be great for discussion questions you might want to ask or comments you have.

Anyway, I'm excited by all of this and can't wait to see you either in-person or in "the tubes" tomorrow night!

Dave