Software Startups Message Board › Software Startups New Organizer and Exciting Future

Software Startups New Organizer and Exciting Future

Thomas P.
user 3309360
Group Organizer
East Berlin, CT
Happy Summer To All!
SB has done a great job getting this group off the ground.
His vision is similar to mine in wanting to promote programmers creating or joining start-ups.
I have my own start-up, Weezoo.com, a marketplace for services, such as rooms, ride, home improvement, etc, that expects to fully launch later this summer.
I started my new company, while consulting for others, but, as the market for software developers softened in CT, I was forced to either leave the state of pursue my start-up full time.
I am sure there are others out there that have the same vision of starting their own business and becoming the next FaceBook, Uber, Google, etc.
If any of you out there have an idea for a start up, or have created one, please contact me. We can help each other find resources, raise capital, obtain grants, and find the right talent to get your start-up off and running. The most important ingredient is the talent. You need people who are committed to your vision and have the burning desire to become extremely wealthy. You have to give up equity, based on performance to accomplish this. I have come up with some formulas that I am using to accomplish this.
In the coming weeks, I will be scheduling meetups for various topics related to start-ups, including raising capital, finding investors, finding talent, marketing your start-up, and finding the right partners (joint venture and working partners) to make your start-up extremely successful.
If you are looking to join a start-up and potentially become extremely wealthy, please email me, so I can connect you with others. Also, contact me with any ideas you have or how we can make this group better. We have 150 members, so the interest is there, but the more I know about your desires, the better we can make this group.
I am the fund manager of Dolphin Venture Fund I, LP, that was set up to seed fund start-ups like yours. We are in negotiations with major investors to raise up to $100 Million to seed fund start-ups in the Connecticut area.
In closing, start-ups take a lot of work to make them successful. Some ideas work, while others don't. Sometimes it is just a small change, other times you have to start from scratch. The main ingredient to success is persistence. When you give up totally, you lose. However, to become successful, like Facebook or Uber, you need advisers, partners, capital, and of course, YOU. If YOU are not available, your start-up cannot succeed.
Let's all put our heads together and collaborate. That is how start-ups are done.
Again, email me with any comments or ideas you may have.
Thanks
Tom Psillas
Organizer
SB C.
sbc111
West Hartford, CT
Post #: 16
I had sent out a notice earlier - please feel free to join the other Meetup group 'Startup Cafe' - http://www.meetup.com...­
I had decided to consolidate both the groups into one because of the overlap of events and also costs ($20/month).
Tom Psillas is of course, welcome to carry on with the Software Startups group.