South Bay War Games Message Board › To Dun Dra Con or Not to Dun Dra Con. That is the question.

To Dun Dra Con or Not to Dun Dra Con. That is the question.

Dan R.
user 11157991
Fremont, CA
Post #: 55
I was wondering if anyone is NOT GOING to Dun Dra Con which is on February 16th to February 18th. That is Presidents Day weekend. I would like to run a Meet-Up at either my place or Game Kastle Fremont. Best time Monday. Thinking of you Bill.

Some of the games I was thinking of to play:

Battle Group Kursk in 15 mm New set of rules dealing with Battles around Kursk.
Metal Storm using Micro Armor again. Squad and 1 to 1 vehicle ratio. Had these rules and would like to try them.
Blitzkrieg Commander. Here I would need Bill's help.
Warrior WW 2. This is a 5 inch Hex driven WW 2 land game using 15mm figures.
Colonial Zulu vs British in 10 mm. Hex driven game again.
Pre-Dreadnaught Naval. Not sure if this group is into any type of Naval games let alone this period.
A Civil War Battle using Bill Butler's Manassas to Appomatox rules. Again Bill would have to be here.
Lost Battles Ancient rules and again need Bill's help.
Battle Cry. Richard Borgs Board game on the Civil War. Gettysburg the Second Day.
Milton Bradley Classic Board Games. Original Battle Cry ACW Game up to 4 players. Broadside Sailing 1812 game up to 2 players. Dogfight up to 4 players. Hit the Beach up to 4 players. Summit World conquest game up to 6 players.

That right now is what to choose from. I really would like to run this at my place. We all do not have to play the same game. If though say we play Blitzkrieg Commander and it might be the Dreaded Omaha Beach game, then it would be that game for all to join in. If though it would be Colonial Zulu vs Brits. Another game or two could be run.

So first:
Let me know if you would be interested
The Day.
What would your interest be to play.
Oh did I mention food is served if we do it at my place here in Fremont. Adam if you come please let me know what I can fix. You guys bring your own drinks. No Spirits though please.

Thank you.

Greg
user 36984792
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 22
Dan,

I was first planning to go (and run a game at DunDraCon; however, I have several business trips planned and this may be the only long weekend at home, so other plans are taking priority.

Hope you have some takers for the Presidents' Day weekend. I hope to run something else during Feb.

Greg
Dan R.
user 11157991
Fremont, CA
Post #: 57
I have not got any takers except your response. 9 have looked at this posting at this time. I was hoping people would at least respond to the day during that weekend. Alas! A dead thread. Looking forward to you putting on games again Gre. All work and no fun,,,,,,,,,,you know the rest.biggrin
Kirk B.
user 2541200
Parkville, MD
Post #: 1
Hello, I'm new to this group, I'm sure we'll meetup soon.

I want to attend Dundracon and that is my current plan but I might need to work the Friday and Monday depending on how work is going at that time so can't commit to anything on those days.

I recently bought the new Open Fire! FoW set and am working on building & painting it up now as I learn the rules.

-kirk
Dan R.
user 11157991
Fremont, CA
Post #: 58
You have come to the right place to learn. When Greg runs one of his FoW games he will teach you how to play. Fact is you move the units and roll the dice. Greg is a FoW walking encyclopedia.

I posted this discussion to see if there was any interest in people that are not going to DDC event on Monday or not at all. Looks like everyone is going and can not give a simple yes or mo here. Pretty hard to plan things if not responding. Need a head count because I serve food at these Meet-Ups. Over 60 members and this response. Pitiful. Enjoy group, what ever your plans are.