South Bay Wine Lovers Message Board › UGC Bordeaux Tasting Jan 19th

UGC Bordeaux Tasting Jan 19th

A former member
Hello, Wine Lovers!

And, welcome new members!

Let me provide details right away: The Union des Grands Crus Bordeaux is scheduled for Sat, Jan 19th. The main tasting event is from 3-6 pm and this year it will be held at The Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Century City. This year they will be featuring the notable 2010 vintage.

This event is sponsored by Wally's Wines. And this year's price is $69.

BUT, thanks to my astute investigation team, you don't have to pay that amount!!! (I sound like a car salesman, eh?) The link below will take you to Bloomspot which is offering the same ticket for entry to the tasting event is going for only $36! That's right! ONLY $36!!! (There I go again!)

DISCOUNTED TICKETS

There is a discounted VIP package as well and you are welcome to partake in that, if you are inclined. I will be attending the tasting event only:

http://www.bloomspot....­

EXTENDED DETAILS

Now for the filler. The UGC is an association with a mission to increase awareness and sales of the various 2nd to 5th growths Chateaus from the Bordeaux region of France. You already know many of these Chateaus:
> Lynch Bages
> Leoville-Las Cases, Leoville-Poyferre, Leoville-Barton
> d'Issan
> Calon

Up to 100 Chateaus are expected to be present. Most will be pouring 2-3 varieties (reds, whites) each. Some Chateaus will be from the Right Bank AND Chateaus featuring the dessert wine called Sauternes will be present as well!

Still not convinced? Let's talk about vintage. This show will feature the 2010 vintage. Some reviewers consider this vintage to be as good as the 2009 vintage. Some winemakers very early on predicted that this vintage could be better than the most prestigious, 1945 vintage!

Why don't you decide by tasting it for yourself?

FYI - I bring my own spit cup as there is just too much wine to taste.

No RSVP to me required. Let me know if you are going as I would love to meet up with you and taste some wine together! I'll be wearing a Navy Blue sport coat and I will try to have a name tag on.

Hope to see you there!

Tom