This is an “activity group”. It was originally geared toward singles, but the goal is to get out and have fun and make new friends, whether married or single. However, if you happen to find a “dateable someone” - that's considered an added bonus. So if you ask someone on a date (whether they're a member of this group or not) you're welcome to bring that person to an event, just make sure you RSVP accordingly. If you're with a date/spouse/significant other - out of respect for others, please keep PDA’s to a reasonable minimum.
With that having been said, here are some basic guidelines if you do decide to ask someone out:
1. If you want to ask someone out please do so only after you have met them in person. Do not contact people through the website with the intention of asking them out if you haven’t met them.
2. If you receive an email from someone who's interested in you, please give them the courtesy of a response, even if it's to say “no thank you”. This way they're not left wondering if you saw the email.
3. If you don't get an answer or you receive a “no thank you”, please don't pursue the matter further. Politely accept the answer and move on. (Remember, no one wants to be considered a stalker.)
4. A piece of advice: if you meet someone you think you'd like to date, please wait a few events to see if there's a mutual indication of interest before asking them out. This will help avoid any awkwardness.
5. There's no set rule about asking people out. Some people may be looking for someone to date, others may not. Some people may be fresh out of a relationship and just not looking to date someone at the moment. Sometimes the only way to know is to ask.
Lastly, if anyone feels that someone is going overboard trying to contact them, please let me know and I can address the situation if needed. I don’t want anyone left feeling uncomfortable or that they need to skip an event based on who's going to be there.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|The unofficial Official Guidelines||March 22, 2013 6:43 PM||former member|
|About South Socials & Adventurers!||March 22, 2013 7:06 PM||former member|