About Spanish Conversations
Have you ever lived or worked in a Spanish speaking country and returned/moved to Australia and don't want to lose your Spanish conversation skills? Or you are learning and want to practice conversation as if you were in a Spanish speaking country? Or are about to travel to a Spanish Speaking country and want some last minute practice?
Well, I was born in South America and our family moved to Australia when I was a kid. Then I moved to Spain more than 10 years ago, and now having moved back to Melbourne in recent years, I don't find the occasion to speak in Spanish anymore.
So I miss it, and would enjoy meeting other people who enjoy conversing as much as I do. This group is very social, fun & has a relaxed atmosphere to encourage everyonbe to give Spanish a try. And would be good for anyone who has little, some or alot of Spanish speaking ability and wants: - to practice - to maintain fluency - to help others looking for Spanish tutoring, or just good old fashioned Spanish conversation.
It will also be a great opportunity for those new, or renewed, Melbournians to expand our social network and learn about all the other places that speak Spanish, or Melbourne itself. Not to mention the coffee or drinks which may be had!
The conversation meetings will mostly be held around South Yarra/Prahran. Though some activities will be held around Melbourne.
Types of events & activities
- Conversation Get Together: where the objective is to practice your conversational skills or enjoy using your native skills with a great group of people.
- El Delicioso Food Tour: Spanish Conversations members enjoy "El Delicioso Food Tour" to discover and highlight Melbourne's top Spanish and South/Central American restaurants. And as a member, if you have restaurant suggestions for the members to try, feel free to let us know.
- Cultural Activities: We join Latin cultural activities and events around Melbourne.
- Uvas a Vino: For the wine and foodies, we are holding Latin wine evenings "Uvas a Vino", where you will have an experienced wine maker educating or exposing us to everything about, but not limited to, the wine, their regions and methods of production, to what type of food to match them to.
- Spanish Classes: an experienced teacher helps beginner to intermediate members with their Spanish in a fun way, that then leads to practicing your conversation skills