Sorry, but REGISTRATION is closed.
Event time is 6:30 PM PDT (7:30 PM MDT / 8:30 PM CDT / 9:30 PM EDT)
Creative Night Photography Post-Production
Successful night photography tends to present unusual post-production challenges in a number of respects. As you may know, even the best night photos can largely be very dark. Colors can appear muddy and dull. In addition, the long exposure times needed by many night photos present their own post-production challenges.
In this webinar, Harold Davis shares the secrets of his successful night photography post-production,including:
- Options and alternatives in stacking in Photoshop
- Multiple RAW processing to solve exposure conundrums
- Post-production noise processing
- Post-production LAB color enhancement
- Selective sharpening of star trails
- Best filter effects for night photography
- Creating a “van Gogh” starry night
- Using creative post-processing to create stunning and colorful night photos
Prerequisites: You will get the most out of this webinar if you understand how to work with your file system, stacking, and the basics of Photoshop.
The Creative Night Photography and Post-Production webinar is scheduled for one hour plus Q&A.
About Harold Davis: Harold Davis is a professional photographer whose work is widely admired andcollected. He is the author of many bestselling photography and Photoshop books from publishersincluding Amphoto, Focal Press, and Wiley. Harold Davis is a Moab printmaking Master. His night photography has appeared in numerous venues, including the 2013 Nikon World Calendar and the 2012 Astronomy Photographer of the Year compilation from the Royal Observatory Greenwich. You can learn more about Harold Davis and his work on his website, www.photoblog2.com.
East River at Night © Harold Davis
You should have a decently fast internet connection! Dial-up won't work for audio or the data content.
We recommend that you use your computer microphone and speakers to talk and listen so you must at least have speakers. My recommendation is get a headset for this if you do not already have one.
We suggest getting a Plantronics headset with a microphone and a USB connection. Such headsets can be found at Best Buy for from $25 and up. USB headsets with microphone can be used with Skype and many other online games, and calling tools. They come in many styles include behind the head and over the head, single ear, open ear and closed. Most laptops include speakers and microphones but the audio quality of these is generally very poor. Some webcams also include built in microphones but generally the quality of those is poor.
Don't have a microphone? That's OK, too... you can interact through text chat and you can use your iPad (or Android) smart phone. Want to join by phone instead? That's possible too, but the phone call will probably not be a local number for you.
All StarCircleAcademy events and webinars close when one of the following occurs:
A. The event is filled or
B. The signup deadline is reached. The deadline is at the upper right of the webpage, just below the RSVP button and just after the text: "RSVPs close:"
Speaking of the RSVP button - click the button to join. You must pay to join - your registration is not complete until you do. If you haven't logged in or joined the group the button will say "Join Us" instead of RSVP. You do NOT have to RSVP "NO" except to cancel a prior YES. You can pay via PayPal or credit card. PayPal also allows an eCheck payment - but this takes as many as 6 days to clear.
Refunds? - we don't offer them. Read here for why.
Want to register after registration has closed? Sorry, we don't do that. Read here for more.
Joining the Webinar
There will be yet ONE MORE step you'll have to take (we wish we could eliminate it, but at the moment we can't). After registration closes we will send you an email with instructions on how to get the webinar access code and any additional materials hints and tips to make your Webinar a success. IF you are not allowing emails, do not check, or have allowed our informative non-spammy emails to go into your SPAM bin, you may not get the information. So please: add Steven@StarCircleAcademy.com , [masked] and [masked] to your contact list. By the way, HotMail and AOL are notorious for dropping valid email.
- Will there be a recording of the webinar in case I want to listen again?
Probably not. There are recordings of other webinars available in the StarCircleAcademy.com Store
- May I make a recording of the webinar?
- Will you repeat this webinar? When?
We make no guarantees.
- Where should I send any questions I have?
During the webinar we will let you know where to send your follow up questions. If you have a question before the webinar, please post it in the comments below.
- What about notes, can I get notes?
No. There are no notes for this course, however copious reference information is provided.
What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops
and events (unsolicited comments):
- “Great guy, passionate photographer, I learn a lot everytime I listen to Harold.”—Steven C.
- “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
- “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious – He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share – his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
- “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
- “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
- “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much!”—L. Beck
- “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.