Startup Grind North Bay Message Board › Special Meetup Group Discount - 25% off this Thursday's Event

Special Meetup Group Discount - 25% off this Thursday's Event

John S.
ourmanstarr
Group Organizer
Fairfax, CA
Hello Grinders,
By way of reminding you that there is a very cool event happening this Thursday which you don't want to miss, I am offering a discount on tickets for the next 48 hours!
Use this link for a 25% discount on tickets
I know you know about Brian Zisk the creator of the SF Music Tech Summit. And you know about 2200 Sound, the student group who are presenting their project to purchase (and renovate into a community center) the legendary Recording Plant studio in Sausalito.
But I bet you don't know what an inspirational story our musical guest has. Award-winning original songwriter Aoede (pronounced A-E-D) was named by WomensRadio.com their “Top Artist of the Year” in 2008 for her album, Push and Pull.

But she also suffers from Dermatomyositis, a rare connective-tissue disease for which there is no known cure, and only afflicts an estimated 5.5 people per million.  If left untreated it could result in complete muscle wasting as well as other complications.
To listen to her album, Affair with the Muse, one would never suspect that the individual responsible for this radiant and inspirational body of work is now facing potentially unknown risks as part of ensuring a clean bill of health.
Aoede states, “A large part of my healing process is creating new music and connecting.  I want to get these songs out now...  Music is my lifeline."
Find out more about her work, including her recent album "What Are Dreams Made Of?" premiering as a theatrical production in May 2014. And come hear her perform on Thursday night in San Rafael.
I look forward to seeing you there!
If you need a reminder how cool it's gonna be, here you go:

Event Details

Brian Zisk, San Francisco Music Tech Summit

Brian is Founder and Executive Producer of the SF MusicTech Summit and the Future of Money and Technology Summit. Brian is a Founder and Managing Director of the SF MusicTech Fund, and a Co-Founder of various startups.

Additionally, Brian is a Co-Founder and Technologies Director of the Future of Music Coalition and a Board Member and/or Strategic Advisor for a wide variety of tech companies and non-profits. Brian was previously a founder of The Green Witch Internet Radio which was sold to CMGI at the turn of the millennium. He is active in many influential computer-mediated forums, is quoted and published extensively in the media, frequently appears on panels and at industry events, and is an expert at helping founders and musicians, frenzy whipping, brand awareness, and in creating and evaluating new business models.

LIVE MUSIC: AOEDE
"...a quirky folk pop artist.
If you’re a fan of Ingrid Michaelson,
Regina Spektor, or A Fine Frenzy,
I hope my enchantingly quirky
soprano voice and compelling pop
will resonate with you as well."

PRESENTATION: 2200 SOUND
"We have been working to turn
the legendary Record Plant -
where everyone from Fleetwood Mac
to Metallica recorded music -
into a destination for the next
generation of musicians."
Agenda
6:00 Networking and Food
7:00 Fireside Chat
8:00 Networking

Hosted By
John Starr, Director of Startup Grind North Bay

Startup Grind North Bay Director John has worked in the San Francisco Bay Area entertainment and technology fields for more than 20 years. He's helped start two venture funded tech companies, managed computer networks for several large non-profits, taught computer skills to journalists and produced or acted in lots of media projects. His voice can be heard on commercials, corporate narrations and award-winning children's audio books. He lives and works in Marin County, CA and is dedicated to fostering the entrepreneurial spirit in the North Bay.

Email: Jstarr@startupgrind.com­ | Twitter: @ourmanstarr

Hosted By
Matt Gaulding, Co-Director of Startup Grind North Bay

Startup Grind North Bay Co-Director A driven professional, Matt is currently Recreational Sports Manager at Dominican University of California. From his time as Operations Manager for the Venture Greenhouse till today, he has been helping build community though Startup Grind for years.

Email: Mgaulding@startupgrind.com­ | Twitter: @MatthewGaulding

Global Partners

Google is committed to empowering entrepreneurs around the world through programs, partnerships, and our products.

Local Partners

The Microsoft Store is a chain of retail stores and an online shopping site, owned and operated by Microsoft and dealing in computers, computer software and consumer electronics.

SofTECH is committed to fostering communication, cooperation and educational opportunities for the success of business and technology professionals and companies in Marin and Sonoma counties.
Upcoming events you should attend!

What is Startup Grind?
Startup Grind is a global startup community educating, inspiring, and connecting entrepreneurs. We host monthly events in more than 80 cities and 35 countries featuring successful local founders, innovators, educators and investors who share personal stories and lessons learned on the road to building great companies. Our monthly fireside chat interviews, startup mixers and annual conferences provide ample opportunities to connect with amazing startups and the people behind them, tap into a strong support network, form meaningful connections and gain inspiration for the startup journey ahead. For more information visit StartupGrind.com or follow us on twitter @StartupGrind.