Join us for our first meetup! Alistair Croll, author of Lean Analytics (coming in March on O'Reilly Books), will be giving a talk.
This event is FREE and 15 copies of the book will be given away, sponsored by OK GROW!.
Marc Andreesen said "Markets that don't exist don't care how smart you are." Whether you're a startup founder trying to disrupt an industry, or an intrapreneur trying to provoke change from within, your biggest risk is building something nobody wants.
Lean Analytics can help. By measuring and analyzing as you grow, you can validate whether a problem is real, find the right customers, and decide what to build, how to monetize it, and how to spread the word.
Hubspot CMO Mike Volpe says, "Your competition will use this book to outgrow you." Rally Software's chief technologist Zach Nies calls Lean Analytics "a huge gift to our industry." Foundry Group's Brad Feld says it's "the antidote" to founders' habit of lying to themselves. And Eric Ries says the collection of industry-wide "is worth the price of admission all by itself."
Join analyst, entrepreneur, and Lean Analytics co-author Alistair Croll as he shares some of the lessons learned creating this book, drawn from discussions with over a hundred business experts and more than thirty case studies. Ben and Alistair's book is quickly becoming the de facto standard for startup metrics, and the must-have companion to Eric Ries' Lean Startup. Join us for an evening packed with hard-won, real-world information no entrepreneur can afford to go without.
Who should attend:
- Startup founders and entrepreneurs who want to make something that will thrive
- Investors and industry analysts who need to better understand the health of new ventures
- Product Managers and Intrapreneurs trying to disrupt business from within
- BI and analytics professionals who want to connect their work to broader business goals
- Agency teams that need to help clients understand their business better
What you'll learn:
- Lean Startup models, analytics fundamentals, and the data-driven mindset
- How your business model and company stage drive your analytics strategy
- How to choose the One Metric That Matters for your business right now
- How to draw a line in the sand, so you'll know it's time to move ahead
- Applying Lean Analytics principles beyond the garage—to large enterprises and established products
Alistair has been an entrepreneur, author, and public speaker for nearly 20 years. He’s worked on a variety of topics, from web performance, to big data, to cloud computing, to startups, in that time. In 2001, he co-founded web performance startup Coradiant (acquired by BMC in 2011), and since that time has also launched Rednod, CloudOps, Bitcurrent, Year One Labs, the Bitnorth conference, the International Startup Festival and several other early-stage companies.
Alistair is the chair of O’Reilly’s Strata conference, Techweb's Cloud Connect, and the International Startup Festival. Lean Analytics (http://www.leananalyticsbook.com) is his fourth book on analytics, technology, and entrepreneurship. He lives in Montreal, Canada and tries to mitigate chronic ADD by writing about far too many things at Solve For Interesting (http://www.solveforinteresting.com).