StoryCode New York City Message Board › Novice Technical Question Revisited

Novice Technical Question Revisited

Judy B.
JBlackshear
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 7
I have been doing some looking around, but haven't yet found the answer to this.

What technology is used to create interactive e-books? As far as I can tell, the normal format you can submit for Kindle Fire does not permit interactive or conditional coding such as JavaScript. I bought a couple of interactive books from Coliloquy and I notice they were packaged as applications (lumped in with games) rather than books. That made me think that maybe they were written in HTML/CSS with some Javascript and that made them applications.

But I just discovered and bought a couple of the old 80's Create Your Own Adventure stories for kids published as e-books and they were delivered as books.

Anyone know? And can anyone point me to some good fee or cheap sources for a self-paced crash course in digital publishing?

Thanks.
Judy B.
JBlackshear
Pflugerville, TX
Post #: 8
I'm really not as clueless as my two posts here make me seem. I think I just convinced myself it was something complex and so couldn't see the simple solution.

I have found my answer, it was very simple (as far as I can tell so far) and right in front of my face. I'm looking forward to seeing you all at events in the future.