StoryCode New York City Message Board › Seeking the elusive VP of Product - do they exist or are they a figment of m

Seeking the elusive VP of Product - do they exist or are they a figment of my imagination?

A former member
Post #: 27
Hi All,

As the HR Manager at comiXology, reporting directly to the CEO (that is my I'm not an agency recruiter disclosure), I am writing to solicit suggestions of where to find these elusive VP of Product candidates. After several months of recruiting we are finding it difficult to find experienced product people. I imagine part of this is due to the novelty of this role as well as the high demand for these positions, but it is proving surprisingly difficult to fill a position leading a successful business. I wish I had the skills to apply! Any suggestions for sites/communities you use for engaging with product professionals, or even better, any referrals you think would be a great match for this role is appreciated.

ComiXology has revolutionized the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes discovering, buying, and reading comics more fun than ever before. ComiXology’s Guided View™ reading technology transforms the comic book medium into an immersive and cinematic experience, helping comiXology become one of iTunes top 10 grossing iPad apps in both 2011 and 2012 and recently passed 200m downloads. Offering the broadest library of comic book content from the top 75 publishers, and including independent creators as well, comiXology will not stop until everyone on the face of the planet has become a comic book fan.

The job is posted on our website and can be viewed at http://www.comixology...­. If you know of any qualified candidates please send over their resumes or please pass along my contact information. Or if you are interested, feel free to apply as well.

Many thanks,

Reena Scoblionko, HR Manager
ComiXology
Reena@comixology.com