align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

StorySpiral NYC Message Board › New Event - Bridging the Art and Business Realms with Joey Kilrain

New Event - Bridging the Art and Business Realms with Joey Kilrain

A former member
Hello everyone,

Our good friend, artist and entrepreneur Joey Kilrain, has agreed to give a talk for the community on a topic which I expect will strike a deep chord with many of you certainly those struggling to follow seemingly divergent paths. This talk will take place in the beautiful offices of Joey's company - Gigapixel Creative - which double up as gallery space and events venue. Come and hear Joey's intimate, revealing, intensely life-affirming story and then join an honest conversation about bridging the gap between passion and work. See details below... I hope to see you there!

In vision,
Nadya

When: Nov. 17 (Tue), 7:00 PM
Where: Gigapixel Creative, 220 West 30th St (b/w 7th & 8th Ave), 2nd Fl
For full listing and to RSVP, visit http://www.meetup.com...­

Have you ever felt caught in the space between seemingly opposite worlds, unsure of how to engage one without losing the connection to the other, and heavy with pressure to sort out your loyalties? If the answer is yes, then artist and entrepreneur Joey Kilrain will offer you a glimpse at a life large enough to encompass opposites and a pathway there.

TOPIC DESCRIPTION FROM JOEY
______________________________________­__

Living in both the Art and Business worlds is a simple balancing act. It's a matter of judging which world wins my undivided attention during the day.

During this discussion I will explain the following:

How I focus my mind on what is most important at that moment in time.

How my art and business sides act as counter-balances and keep me as my own best inspiration.

Lastly, and most importantly, how my faith shines through no matter the issue.

OUTLINE

Educated by Philadelphia ( a love story)
How I was raised in South Philly
Why the life of an artist picked me

My epiphany / Luke 11 9-13
Why I moved to New York (the death of loved ones)
How I got started and moved up the ladder

The hard lessons learned / divine intervention
Rebounding from the loss of my first company, bad friends, and death of my brother

Restarted by faith

My faith can fill a mustard seed (sort of)
Why I won't let myself down

ABOUT JOEY KILRAIN
______________________________________­___

Born and raised in South Philly, PA. I learned art through my family, catholic school, and adventure. When I was younger inspiration came from comic books, trading cards, and grafitti. As I got older, my spiritual side began to shine through and the messages in my work became more associated with real-life situations.

My work can be divided into two topics: the whimsical paintings and raw drawings.

You can see Joey's artwork and learn more about him and his company Gigapixel Creative on his website http://www.kilrain.co...­