Strum Shop Events.com Message Board › Flash Mob idea's...

Flash Mob idea's...

Stu H.
user 13112733
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Hi all, Stu and Crew here...

We wanna organize a ukulele flash mob.... We need the following:

1) Idea's of where: We've thought about going into a business, say, Trader Joes, and singing a customised song about the business (changing the words to talk about their business...) etc. etc.  We need your input as to what we think we could do...

2) Time to do this: So far a Saturday afternoon seems to be the most popular, but give us your feedback. Shall we do a Friday night somewhere? Another night? Sunday afternoon?  Let us know what works for you, and we'll choose the largest response...

3) What song shall we sing and play? Generally, a flash mob shows up and does one song, then disperses and walks away... We need a song that we all can play well, as well as sing well, and one that maybe people might join in: Margarittaville? Somewhere Over The Rainbow/ Wonderful Life?,  While My Guitar Gently Weeps? (just kidding...)  Send in your suggestions.

4) We are thinking of a date sometime in September, after all the schools start and people are back in their routines. We would also want to video tape this for our Facebook page and website, so we will need someone in charge of doing that...

Send in your suggestions. You can just respond to this email, it goes directly to Stu...

You In?
A former member
Post #: 584
Did Ya'all ever do the flashmob? I always thought it would be fun to do yellow submarine!
Lenore S.
user 14201341
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 2
I'll certainly try but have a lot going right now and w/be on vacation the first part of Sept. The sooner we pick a song, the better the chances are that I can get it memorized. My thanks to all of you who put things together for the rest of us. Lenore
Stu H.
user 13112733
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 6
We keep talking about it, but nothing so far... I will bring it up at our next get together and see if we can make this thing happen... Stu (and Crew)
Pamela T.
user 43870652
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 1
I think playing Margaritaville at Chevys would be a hoot!!!
Jenifer T.
user 93032512
Roseville, CA
Yes, I'm in ! I vote for Saturday or Sunday - can't make it during workdays. The location is your choice; I'll be coming from Woodbridge. I suggest the Banana Boat Song (if I may). It's only 2 chords, will get everyone's attention and easy to join in... everyone knows the words.
A former member
Post #: 585
oooh two chords, that's right up my alley! Banana Boat Song!!
William J. H.
bheinze
Roseville, CA
Saturday is good for Wayne, Eva, and I. Jambalaya works also.

Bill Heinze