Suburban Chicago Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Nacho Cheese Recipes: Feb. 24 Movie Potluck

Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Nacho Cheese Recipes: Feb. 24 Movie Potluck

Kathy
iheartveggies
Group Organizer
Mundelein, IL
Post #: 51
Nacho Cheese

This is a very modified version of the cheese used in VegNews's standard Mac & Cheese recipe. It's a recipe I'm playing around with and it's a little different every time.

About 4 small golden potatoes, diced
2 carrots, diced
1/2 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked, if don't have a Vitamix)
1 - 1 1/2 cups water, depending on how thick or thin you want your sauce
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
black pepper to taste

Bring potato, carrots, onions, and water to a boil. Cover pot and simmer for about 15 minutes until vegetables are soft. Reserve water to add to remaining ingredients.

Meanwhile, add cashews, salt, garlic, mustard, nutritional yeast, and spices to blender.

Add vegetables to blender and process with other ingredients. Slowly add water until you have the consistency you want.

(Semi/High Raw) Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Ani's Raw Food Desserts by Ani Phyo

Original recipe

1 cup raw oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup firmly packed pitted Medjool dates
1/2 cup raisins

Combine the oats and cinnamon in food processor and process into small pieces. Add the dates and process to mix well. Add the raisins and pulse to mix.

You can then use a cookie dough scooper and leave in bite-sized balls like I did or flatten into cookie shapes.

To the above recipe, I also added about 1 large handful of pecans, about 2 tbsp of maple syrup, about 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt.
A former member
Post #: 14
Mmmm...these were so delicious!