We are a dog walking group for all breeds & ages! Walking as a group is a great way for both you and your dog to get exercise, socialize with other dog enthusiasts, socialize your dog to other dogs in a relaxed setting, allow your dog to return to his roots & use his nose to explore nature, and to have safety in numbers. Training suggestions will be provided during the walk by a professional dog trainer. Socializing puppies at an early age is vital to having a well-rounded adult dog! Puppies of all ages are welcome! Reactive dogs are also welcome and will be guided at a comfortable distance to reduce their reactivity towards other dogs. This group is open to everyone! Dog owners, pet sitters, professional dog walkers, animal rescue personnel, etc. Only healthy dogs should attend. If you suspect your dog is not feeling well, please wait until his symptoms clear up before attending the next walk.
We use a flag system to identify your dog's "personality". You will receive a flag on your first hike.
Please bring the following with you on your first hike:
1. Signed Waiver indicating you have read our rules & procedures (found at http://www.meetup.com/Sussex-County-Dog-Wal...)
2. Proof of your dog's valid rabies vaccine or titer test results.
3. 6 foot leash, no retractable leashes please.
4. It is recommended that you bring some dog treats with you if you wish to help your dog with fear, anxiety, or reactive behaviors.
5. Water for yourself & your dog.
6. ID tags on your dog's collar or harness.
We look forward to seeing you soon!