It's all about fun and great networking !!
This monthly SustainableJC.org celebration brings sustainability minded folks interested in enjoying some down time together into a fabulous vibe community up at Journal Square; we will be holding this special mixer the 3rd Thursday of every month.
Special SHOUT OUT -
If you PLAY MUSIC or are an ECO-ARTIST please reach out to us so we can include you in this mischief making series !!
FOR JULY . . . same energized format as JUNE . . .
Welcome SILVERMAN / Building Neighborhoods & Art House Productions and thanks again to the Culinary Conference Center and Green Path for your continued support and partnership.
Special Guests and Tabling Partners include EPA Region 2 / WaterSense & Energy Star, H20 Conserve - a GRACE Project, Energy Efficiency Designs by DKAV, Journal Square CSA, Bokashi How To, High Strung Studios and Green Map System . . .so far. The music and the food will also be fabulous with music band Winner Take All. Then at 8pm join us for some film fun as HCCC Student Affairs flips the switch for big screen viewing of CLASH OF THE TITANS (Liam Neeson ! )
Here's what happened in JUNE. . .
Sustainable JC launched its new monthly SJC Green Drinks + ART on June 1st up at Journal Square in the small 'amphibian' theater park in front of the Culinary Conference Center - we were part of the JC Fridays city-wide celebration of the ARTS event.
It was a fabulous and intimate gathering with 50+ new and old friends coming together to eat and listen and get to know each other. If you were listening in . . . . they were talking about what they are doing or want to do to make JC a more sustainable place to live and work. All this around some cool vibes by David Trotta & Friends - Anthony Pocetti, Brad Blume - and pop-up vocalist Peggie !!
- Guerilla Haiku Chalk Artistry with Calery Vickerman http://www.ghm575.com/ providing an interactive storytelling experience about the sustainability threads that bind us !
- Jordan Liketheriver, our Eco-Materials-Re-Use-Artist-In-Residence, brought to life Sydney the centifpede dragonmoose, Guissepe the angler fish, Charles the sunflower and Asha the dragonchild ashtray (means 'hope' in Hindi)
- Delicious locally sourced Bistro Food prepared for us by the Flik Team
- Plenty to Drink - Beer, Wine, Soft Beverages
- Sustainability Minded SJC Collaborators Tabling Their Wares & Educating Those In Reach We are committed that YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING NEW at each of our gatherings !!
We truly appreciate the support from our host, the Culinary Conference Center at HCCC and a sincere thank you to our first sponsor, Green Path who dedicate themselves to providing a very personal and hands-on approach to training folks for the next wave of green jobs. See their special offer to SJC Charter Supporters here which will be offered again in September.
Thanks so much to Unpainted Emporium Productions LLC & Ecophilia for your contributions in organizing this event series.