add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Sustainable Living Network - Madison Area Message Board › Notes from Make SLN Even Better Meetup

Notes from Make SLN Even Better Meetup

Todd F.
user 17897911
Mount Horeb, WI
Hello SLN members,

We had an excellent meeting last night at the Make SLN Even Better planning meeting (ok now I can say it was a planning meeting :). There was a lot of enthusiasm and excitement and I think we had a good time. A couple of members who attended and some who couldn't make it asked me to make sure that the minutes/notes went out so here are some of the things we discussed.

First off, we all agreed that anyone should be able to post a meetup, without waiting for 3 members to go, so I made that change as soon as I got home. Now any one can post a meetup and we encourage you to do so whenever there is a green event you're going to and want people to go with.

So that we can find each other more easily at events, we're going to have a make a button meetup with a button maker and supplies and make SLN buttons. We'll let newcomers know we have buttons, and we'll let event hosts know how to help members find each other.

We're going to renew our monthly SLN meet social meetups and we listed a host of hosts for those, including the Mermaid Cafe, Capitol Brewery, Barriques, the Cupcakery, Far East, Cafe Costa Rica. If you have other green restaurants you love, email them to me! We can also meet in people's homes for pot lucks and outdoors for picnics this summer.

Many were unaware of who our sponsors are and we need to showcase those sponsors, as well as get more businesses in our group and currently outside of our group to be sponsors.

After meetups, whenever someone has made a commitment to help someone or provide information, and just to chime in, we're going to all start using the Review this meetup feature and the comments section to communicate afterwards.

We're working on getting the facebook page back up and running, and we have potential blogging space we'll be exploring soon.

We're going to start building a listing of members by their areas of expertise. I think this will go a long way towards building our networking capabilities.

And we're going to pursue better cards and flyers and a photographer to make us all look better!

There were many other ideas flying around during the evening and if you have more, don't hesitate to email Andy or myself!

Thanks everyone who came to that event and we'll be seeing each other soon!