It’s on again!
Free up the evening of September 3rd because we have an awesome event lined up, with a range of fantastic speakers and topics, at another great venue.
September 3rd, 2014 from 6-8pm
Optiver Asia-Pac HQ, Sydney HQ - 39 Hunter Street Sydney
Optiver is one of the original Fintech companies, starting in 1986 in Amsterdam and now operating across four continents with over 600 employees.
The Sydney office is the Asia Pac HQ (proof Sydney can take a FinTech leadership role across Asia Pac) and was set up in 1996 as a startup of sorts - a few traders working out of a home office. It now has over 220 employees and sees technology as one it’s greatest competitive advantages. How important is tech? The company employs one IT developer for every one trader.
• There’ll be a brief welcome by Peter Koller, Head of IT at Optiver.
• After that we’re going to hear from Toby Heap who heads Australia's only Fintech startup accelerator, AWI Ventures.
• Toby will talk about the program and will be joined by some of its current cohort of startup founders who will share their unique experiences as early stage FinTech startup founders in Australia.
• NB: Applications for the second intake are open and close September 30 so this will be a good opportunity to find out more about the accelerator if you have a Fintech startup idea.
• Finally - there’ll be a brief talk about a new FinTech community space that’s in the works, which I think many of you will be interested in (or should be!)
• 6:00pm - Event starts
• 6:15pm - Welcome to Optiver from Peter Koller
• 6:30pm - AWI Fintech Accelerator talk
• 7:00pm - An update on the new FinTech space.
• 8:00pm - Event ends, move onto next location