Tampa Bay Vegans & More Message Board › Rotation Rotation Rotation

Rotation Rotation Rotation

A former member
Post #: 1
I believe there should be a way for members to get to know each other better.
Not just hang out with the people you know. Why bother joining a group, if you are going to sit with your friends and buddies?

The table arrangement is simply not helping. (A straight long table - crowded together?)

Why not have individual tables with an extra chair that's available in case someone wants to say hi!

Find a method to rotate members from table to table throughout the evening, so that members can introduce themselves and make new friends.

It's a two-hours-plus meeting, and being glued to one table is not a good way to meet new people.

Christian
A former member
Post #: 3
I agree 100%
I thought about that many times.

1 idea could be to have the seats numbered, pick the number out of a hat, and sit in that seat surrounded by other random people.

Then every time u go for seconds, or desert sit in a different available seat,
NOT next to someone u already knw.

Another idea would be to ask peeps to sit with people they don't already know
(yeah, I know; good luck with this one).

I would b willing to try any other ideas for meeting new people.

Chinese fire-drill?biggrin
Yexenia
user 4472606
Tampa, FL
Post #: 178
Brilliant! The one time I have gone, I felt like I couldn't just but into other people's conversations while they were sitting down. Everyone sat with someone they knew and I was brand new. I still sat in the middle of known people though, it was the only way to try and meet people :)

As Vegans and Vegetarians, we are suppose to be a friendly bunch, so let's be that smile
Michael M.
user 12018761
Tampa, FL
Post #: 2
I absolutely agree with you!
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks for the happy thoughts ! !

:)
:)
A former member
Post #: 4
It's very simple.

It's like a dance.

Every 15 minutes the host calls out " ROTATE" and the people who are sitting on one side of the table (as opposed to the other side of the table) get up and move one chair over - that's it.

Done deal simple.

No?

(This can be accomplished by having one LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG table (tables next to each other, side to side .......... so, tables do not need to be broken up - it can be lined up in one big snake-like mess

and as long as everyone gets up and moves one chair over when the host calls out "rotate" or ring a bell or whatever does the trick

let's do it. ....