The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Meetup Ideas › Just an idea...

Just an idea...

A former member
Post #: 11
How many would be up for a road trip/camping trip and a day of disc golfing...then straight back....Let's say leave Saturday late afternoon get to destination, play, camp and then play most of sunday. Just an idea...lemme know
A former member
Post #: 7
depends on when and where to. I'd be up for it as long as it's not Highbridge. Sorry. Been up there a few times in the last year and although they are great courses I have my reasons as to why I don't want to play there. I'll leave it at that. I'm not goingto bash anyone or anything online, because that is juvenille.
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 72
I'd be for that

How about Hawaii?
A former member
Post #: 12
I figure some where close at first probably within 50-100 miles of the city and maybe next year some where further...just ideas just want to know how many people would be interested and would like to do something like this.
A former member
Post #: 8
Haha... nice one Wolf! I know there are a few courses in the state that have camping on the course. I believe Millstream in St. Joseph is one of the courses. I played a tourney there two weekends back and they at least had a few campsites with firepits and such. It's a good course. Might be worth checking into. I heard there are a few courses south of the metro as well where you can camp on the course. The Telemark Resort in Cable, WI would be a fun one to find camping and play (I stayed in a super rustic cabin of someone I know for a tourney their last year), and I may be able to secure that cabin again for free or maybe like $10 a person just simply to give back to my professor for his generosity (he didn't ask for anything last time). It can easily sleep probably 10-20 people. Have to bring a sleeping bag for sure. Hard unfinished floors, so might want a pad too. It's about a 3ish hour drive though. It's something to think about. I can come up with places if people are willing to go. Maiden Shade is another one. There is a tourney there in two weekends I believe. Plenty of places to go... just need the people to go with! Haha.

Ok... rant over. Time for class. Then I'm off til Friday!!!
A former member
Post #: 13
Hey thanks for the ideas and input...A lot of places to check out and look up...Ideas are coming which is good...keep'em coming folks.
Laurie
user 2793905
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
I have a pop-up camper. Haven't used it in a while, but it would sleep 3 comfortably, maybe 4. I would either need to bring Rugby (the dog) or find someone to watch him.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd be up for something like this! Last summer we played Kaposia, then the Hastings course, then Red Wings bluffs course, then ended up at St Mary's Univ. course in Winona... best course in the state in my opinion... then camped over night by the river at campsite. Just another possible direction for some time maybe:)
A former member
Post #: 15
Okay...What about
1: Maiden Shade in Morristown, it has campsites and it is 18 holes and 56 miles away.
2: Baylor Park in Norwood Young America 18 holes and is 41 miles away and has camping
3: Hannah's Bend in Cannon Falls 9 Holes 36 miles and camping is near
4: Willow River in Hudson, WI 13 holes 22miles and camping is on site

I think this is a good mix of camp courses and of course if we get bored with it other course are near by each of these courses...So let's figure out how many want to play and so reservations can be made and dates can be sent to some of our bosses for the days off...Looking at some time in 3 weeks in May should be like 16th and 17th. I will leave this open until Monday and close the post down so we don't draw it out and not do it. Hope to hear from ya....
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 76
I'm up for Morristown.

anybody else?

16th and the 17th sound great.