addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Gear › Putters, surprisingly, are useful!

Putters, surprisingly, are useful!

Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 12
Picked up an R-PRO Aviar 165g today. F-Flyerz was out of the Omega SuperSofts, but he said two things which convinced me to make a purchase anyway. 1) The Omega Supersofts are not as floppy/rubbery/supersoft as they used to be. 2) The Omega is an Aviar mold.

I don't really know what point "2" means, but some inference leads me to believe that the Omega is, in some regard, copying the Aviar.

The R-Pro plastic feels pretty similar to that Omega I borrowed from you, Chris. A little more "rubber" and a little less "gummy", but it's floppy, comfortable, and easy to throw.

It threw pretty well today when I played Lakewood. I'm glad I picked it up because it's definitely easier for that 30-60ft range. Inside of 8-12ft, however, I'd still rather throw my Buzzz. That might change...I'm not really confident putting a lot on the putter within that range. Practice with the heavier midrange discs has taught me to back off the power on those close putts so it doesn't jump back out. Maybe I just need to try really throwing the Aviar into the chains and see what it does.

I saw those Juju's that Wolf has too...it was tempting, I kind of liked the feel of them, but I still can't get used to those divot things.
Kinnell
Kinnell
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 78
I love my JuJu.

I find it great as an approach disc, and perfect for Hoot shot. They glide and die consistently every time.

Glad you found one that works great for you :D

A former member
Post #: 17
True...I noticed that my new Omega is completely different from the older one...the stamp reads Innova Mfg on my older one
A former member
Post #: 12
E Soft Wizards my friends. E Soft Wizards. Enough said!
kyle
FattyB
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
ya i have to go with wolf on this one. i love the juju best disc i have ever purchased. its great for approach but for anything within a 20 foot range i will throw the pro-aviar, iv had some problems with the juju jumping off the chains : \