Tacoma Mountaineers Singles Message Board › Baker weekend instructions

Baker weekend instructions

user 10872084
Spanaway, WA

Hello Baker People!                                 ­                                        ­                                   9/16/12

I am really looking forward to our Baker Singles Weekend!  The weather is going to be great: Partly cloudy with high 70’s to low 80’s every day.

Please bring a warm jacket just in case as it gets cold at night. Remember to dress in layers, it heats up as we are hiking. There will still be snow on the ground in some places so hiking poles are recommended. Bring your sleeping bag, pillow, personal items, towel, hiking boots, bug spray and a camera. Ear plugs are recommended for light sleepers. No fires this weekend so no smores or firewood. We have a lovely gas fireplace to accommodate you.

There is no personal refrigeration space in the lodge so bring your own small cooler if need be. They have one fridge but it houses the lodge food only. There are shelves available to lock up your own snacks, etc. There are no stores nearby so double check your bags before you leave.

The lodge is run like a co-op so to make the load lighter we are all expected to sign up for cooking prep, after meal cleanup and other chores. We’re going to have a great time! See you there.

Drive north on I-5 to Bellingham, and take exit 255, the Mt. Baker Highway. Drive east on SR 542 about 54 miles to the ski area. At the junction in front of the Firs Lodge turn right onto the one-way loop road. The parking lot for the Mountaineer Lodge is on the right side of the road about 0.3 miles beyond the Firs. Driving time approximately 3 hours from Seattle and 1 1/2 hours from Bellingham.

Any questions, call me. 

Karen  253-202-7458