Aug 21, 2013 · 6:30 PM
Pima Canyon Parking Lot
Let's get out and hike the big East loop which will connect us over to Javalina trail. From there , we'll take Javalina up to the saddle and connect into Pima Wash. This will lead us back to the parking lot. This should be a fun 5 mile loop and we normally finish in about 2 hours or less.
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp and snacks if you need them.
For those that like beer, we normally head to Rustler's Rooste after the hike for a beer.
Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter and you'll have no trouble finding us.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.