align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Take a Hike Message Board › New Meetup: Kayaking the Lower Salt

New Meetup: Kayaking the Lower Salt

Adam
user 5498099
Group Organizer
Tempe, AZ
Announcing a new Meetup for Take a Hike!

What: Kayaking the Lower Salt

When: March 9, 2009 9:00 AM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Meetup Description: If anyone wants to play hooky on Monday the 9th, Kevin and I are going to Kayak the Lower Salt River. Right now the flow is about as high as it will ever get, at 1750 cfs (if anyone wants to check the flow, go to http://waterdata.usgs...­ and look for SALT RIVER BLW STEWART MOUNTAIN DAM, AZ). We'll meet at Kevin's house at 9:00 am. If you need directions, you can call me at 480-929-9772 or email either one of us.

If you plan on going, bring sunscreen, a hat, something to drink, and appropriate clothing as the water should still be fairly cool this time of year. I'll have extra room in my cooler if you need it. I also have an extra kayak and canoe (including paddles, life vest, seat, etc) if you need to borrow a water craft (I can haul the kayak for you but if you want the canoe you have to transport that yourself). We might just do the tubing run, or we might go a bit further down stream to make the trip last longer, seeing as how fast the river is flowing.

And after the trip is over, there might be a stop at Lucky Lou's for food and beer.

If you have any questions just send me an email or give me a call.

-Adam

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­