Tantra in Texas Message Board › Tantra in Texas is not a dating site.

Tantra in Texas is not a dating site.

Stephanie
user 7824817
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
Hello! Charla and I invite you to join the conversation for creating safe and supportive container for exploring sexuality and relationship. We have recently had cause to feel that members should once again be reminded that Tantra in Texas is not a dating site nor a "singles" meetup nor a hook-up group. Members and guests who make inappropriate overtures to others on the Tantra in Texas site or at meetings will be banned from both. If you don't know what's appropriate and what's not, you should ask me or Charla Hathaway. Exercise grace and respect.

Not long ago, a member wrote to me:
"Each person attending comes with a personal story and some of those stories, like mine, include horrifying abuses at the place of intimacy. The decision to attend was a personal risk as I had no idea how I would respond in this environment. Remaining still and breathing allowed me to be present for the entire session... The decision to attend a meeting was made with great thought, much reflection, and years of work to overcome the horrors of physical, sexual and emotional abuse. I, like many, am a domestic abuser survivor. I came to a meeting like this one because I understood that I would be in a safe place with individuals who would create supportive space for each attendee."

Each member is expected to be respectful of others as whole people, with whole histories that we may not be aware of. Once again, Tantra in Texas is not a dating site nor a "singles" meetup nor a hook-up group, and it is not appropriate to send unsolicited messages through the site to people you don't know or to request that a person "practice" with you if you are not friends outside of Tantra in Texas. Please participate in creating safe space by speaking this message to your guests.
Stephanie

A former member
Post #: 83
Thank you for posting this and raising awareness.

I would like to take you up on your invite to join the conversation by adding my feelings. As a woman, speaking from my own perspective and comfort level, I would love to see some tantra events 'just for women.' Perhaps there are men that would like some events 'just for men' as well. I don't mean all the time or exceeding the mixed gender events, just periodically. Perhaps once a month or more if the interest warrants it.

There would still be many mixed gender events for those that prefer that.

There is a uniquely female healing energy and holistic level of comfort that imbues a 'woman only' environment for sexual healing and sacred sexuality. For many women (not all), there are some intimate issues, concerns, and topics they only feel comfortable discussing or opening with other women. I don't know for sure, but perhaps that applies to feelings some men have regarding a 'men only' environment too.

In general, I think there's a need for some 'single gender' options in Austin, for exploring tantric sexuality and healing.

I sincerely appreciate you opening this discussion and making space for my input.

Namaste _/\_
abbegal