October 9, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Come Xplore the fundamental insight powering "Silicon Valley's Next Billion-Dollar Company" (TechCrunch) and "The War on Terror's Secret Weapon" (BusinessWeek):
Computers Will [Not] Take Over the World: but will help us save it.
According to Palantir senior engineer & big data expert, Ari Gesher, the most powerful systems will be those that augment human intelligence, not attempt to recreate it.
Join us for a talk about:
- How humans and computers working in collaboration can outperform any computer in existence
- How artificial intelligence wrongfully hijacked the technology world for almost 15 years
- A number of complex real-world problems where the only solution is human-computer symbiosis, because automation fails
- How Peter Thiel-backed Palantir Technologies built a Java-based human-computer collaboration system that is being used by government agencies, large financial institutions and police departments around the globe
RSVP now to reserve your spot.
Craft beer by the cup + beer tasting + local cuisine* starting @ 7:08 PM
Presentation + Q&A @ 7:39 PM
Palantir builds software that helps save lives, solve crimes, protect civil liberties, prevent disease and curb fraud by allowing organizations to make sense of massive amounts of disparate data.
* Now featuring Free local cuisine: supporting San Jose local restaurants!
At every TechXploration, we will support a San Jose-based restaurant (recommended by you!) for delicious event eats. What is your favorite local restaurant? Post it to the wall!
Event food provided by...Backayard!
About Ari Gesher:
- Senior Engineer, responsible for developing Palantir's platform/operating system
- Currently working on: Palantir's developer APIs for backend services and the systems engineering that goes into Palantir's servers
Public Transit Info:
Venue is across the street from a Light Rail stop: Karina Station