Greetings ! This page is to answer questions new people have about the group.
The regular meetups are not classes. I do not "teach" at the meetups. However, at times, I will use the site to announce classes. These will be well marked as classes.
- So what do we do a meetup? Talk, share: what we've been working on, new books, new pens, paper, ideas, patterns etc....
- Who can attend? Anyone with an interest in Zentangle(r)
- Do I have to have taken a class? No but it is Highly recommended that you take an Introductory class with a Certified Zentangle(r) Teacher at some time in the near future. In the meantime before your first meetup please visit Zentangle.com the official website and read about zentangle(r). Then visit Tanglepatterns.com and checkout some patterns and how each pattern has stepouts to show you how to recreate the patterns. (I do not recommend you purchase the "Kit" from zentangle.com until you have attended a class or your first Tangle Meetup. (see below for supplies)
- Will I be completely lost? No the group is very welcoming but we might forget ourselves and talk "zentanglese". Just stop us and ask questions.
- Is there a membership fee or other cost? For most meetups I'm asking each person to contribute at least $1.00 to help cover the cost of using the meetup site and for paper and other supplies I share. If we have a project that costs more than a few cents I will note that in the announcement along with the price.
- What should I bring? A very fine marker type drawing pen. (Recommend: Micron 01), a pencil, a smudger/blender, and some paper (zentangle tile, watercolor paper, a journal, book or other paper). If you don't already have these you can borrow some at the meet up. This will give you an idea of what you like to use so you know what to buy.
- Where do you meet? Well I'm trying to move the location around as we have people who travel from the North, South, East and West. So far we've met in Littleton, Westford, Westboro, and Nashua.
- Can I suggest a location? Certainly. We need to have a place that can accommodate up to 15 people, and is free. We've used Panera Bread co. Tatnuck Booksellers, Acton Library, Littleton Library, and Kimball Farms Gift Shop.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Terry's Tangles - New England||August 5, 2014 12:45 AM||Teresa H.|