The Babies and Mommies of Doylestown Group Policy:
1) Membership Dues:
A) All New members will be on a 30 day trial period to see if this group is the right fit for themselves and their child. If you want to continue with this group, you must pay your dues ($12.00 annually) before your trial period ends.
B) Once you have reached 12 months since your last payment, all members will be given a 2 week grace period to become current with their dues. If dues remain unpaid after 2 weeks, you will be removed from the group.
C) If you have been removed from the group for not paying your dues on time or voluntarily left the group, we will gladly accept you back in our group, but you must pay your dues within 1 week or you will be removed from the group.
Dues help pay for the following:
- Cost of running the website
- Annual Family Picnic
- Holiday Party
- Anniversary Party
- Special Events like our Back to School Pizza Party
- Other events like Potlucks at the Park and meetups where refreshments will be served
2) Member Profile:
Please complete your profile questions so other members can get to know you better. At the last question we ask that everyone list the name AND Date of Birth
of your child (not just age).
If you have a common name, please add a last initial or your last name. It would be VERY helpful to me so I can manage your membership easier.
Also, make sure your profile picture is a recognizable photo of yourself. Not just your kids, not your dog, not a logo...just make sure your face is in the picture. This helps others to identify you at public place meet-ups, and for safety, ensures that you are who you say you are.
3) No-show policy: No more than 3 unexplained no-shows in a year.
- If you RSVP to a meet-up, and your plans change, you must update your RSVP as soon as possible. Stuff happens to all of us, and there will be a miss here and there. But habitual no-showing will put you at risk for removal from the group.
- This is out of respect for the hostess, who may be planning to serve food or have a craft for a certain number of people. And it's is courteous to others who may be on the wait list.
4) Please treat other members with respect and consideration. We reserve the right to remove you from the group if there are consistent problems.
5) Age specific playgroups are a unique opportunity for moms to get similar aged children together to play. Discuss age specific issues, gain support and grow friendships, all while the children play. We ask that you attend play groups that fit your child’s age. In other words, if your child just turned 1 please consider joining a 1-2 year playdate as opposed to 2-3 year playdate.
6) Hosting an event in our group is highly encouraged, however, do not cross post your event to another meetup group. This group is private and we would like to offer events exclusively to our group.
7) A benefit to being in this group is having the option of joining in on a lot of fun events. Feel free to tell a friend about our group. Our group has a 30 day free trial to see if anyone interested is the right fit for the group. We just ask that since our group is private, our events are for MEMBERS ONLY. Please don't invite nonmembers to our special events/featured events or at home play dates. 1- our special events may be paid through dues and it is unfair to those who paid their dues or on a trial period. 2- moms in our group may not feel comfortable being asked if a member can bring a guest or two to their home (especially if they don't know the person).
8) Home sales events: We decided to decline offers from members to host home-sales events. I don't want to single out any brands, but these are the jewelry, make-up, cooking ware-type parties. While these events can be fun, the reason for the change was simply that most were not generating much interest from the group. There were quite a few events on the calendar and very few people attending. We realize it is a lot of work for the host to set up an event and host it in her home, and it did not seem like members were looking to attend these parties. *We reserve the right to terminate membership of our group with no refund.Sick Policy
The goal of the Sickness Policy is to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. Please do not bring your child to ANY
events if you or your child is sick.
attend any group events if you or your child is exhibiting the following symptoms:
Fever: Has a fever of 99* or above. Has had a fever within 24 hours.
Colds: Has discolored nasal mucus, glassy eyes, and listlessness.
Cough: Has a wet cough which could spread viral or bacterial infection.
Eyes: Discharge from eyes, usually accompanied by redness and itching.
Throat: Evidence or complaint of a sore throat or discomfort swallowing.
Vomiting: Recurring upset stomach or vomiting. Child must stay home if s/he vomited within 24 hours.
Diarrhea: Recurring loose stools when not food related or when associated with other illness.
Non-Specific Viral Illness: If your child has a viral illness that is still running its course and s/he shows any of the following symptoms: decreased activity or appetite and/or increased need for rest, increased irritability, and the need for constant adult attention, then your child is not ready to participate in a group setting. Please remember your child must be 24 hour fever free, diarrhea‐free and vomit‐free without symptom relieving medication (i.E. Fever reduction medication).
Contagious Illnesses: Illnesses such as pink eye, scabies, head lice, impetigo, strep infection, whooping cough, and chicken pox are highly contagious. In this case, your youngster should remain isolated from other kids until the risk of passing on the illness has passed.
*Failure to comply with our sick policy can result in your membership being terminated with no refund.