I decided to send this out again now that Thanksgiving is over to see if we can get more responses. So far, out of 700+ people on the mailing list, 32 have responded(!).
Some interesting observations on the results so far:
* Just over 50% of respondents are using Clojure at work (nice!) with an additional 13% evaluating Clojure for work.
* Only one respondent is using Windows for Clojure development. Everyone else is on Mac (66%) or Linux (31%).
* Text editors are the weapon of choice: 59% Emacs, 22% Vim, 13% other text editors. Only one respondent using Eclipse and one using IntelliJ.
* So far an overwhelming majority of people like the meetups to be lecture-based in some form.
Topic suggestions are quite varied - thank you! - with some front runners:
* Web apps
* core.logic / logic programming
* data science / machine learning etc.
Several folks are also asking for topics that cover reviewing library choices for specific applications of Clojure.
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
"Perfection is the enemy of the good."
-- Gustave Flaubert, French realist novelist [masked])
On Nov 27, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Sean A Corfield wrote: