The Brentwood Glenn Beck Meetup Group Message Board › Talking Points Needed!
|A former member||
Warriors are ready to fight healthcare - we need a bulleted, brief and informed blast that we can use in our attacks! Sue - Dennis! You two seem to be on the front lines. Can we start a 1 thru 10 talking point list to hand out to others?
1. We cannot afford this!
|A former member||
I'll see what I can do. Would appreciate any and all suggestions...I do thinkwe need to cite references for our talking points for a number of reasons, not the least of which is so we don't appear to be the "right wing reactionary extremists" some expect.
Perhaps we can brainstorm some of this on the 9th.
|A former member||
Listening to the news this am has led me to one conclusion. We have to stay on target with our commentary and avoid conspiracy theory talking points. We are being compared to "fringe" extremists by the politicians. To discredit us is the next step. We must stand against this tide.
I am going to paste a 912 project item...gaining steam. I think this should be our conversation point for Sunday!
Important and timely!
Thanks for your input.
Claim: Lou Pritchett penned an "open letter" to President Obama.
Example: [Collected via e-mail, May 2009]
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.
You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.
You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core..
You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.
You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.
You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.
You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.
You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.
You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.
You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.
You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.
You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.
You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.
You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.
You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.
You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.
You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.
Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
Origins: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat.
How about this as a few bullet points:
1. Fix Medicare First: •Medicare's unfunded liability is $61.6 trillion - six times greater than Social Security's.*
2. Medicare is a Gov't Heatlhcare program and it's going broke: bankruptcy is expected in 2019 and Medicare is already dipping into its reserves this year.*
3. Spending $1 Trillion Dollars on a new program is not saving - it's spending
4. Our Healthcare is great - only being uninsured is the problem - focus on the few million who don't have insurance that want it and can't afford it - this number is closer to 13 million (not 45 million)
5. If the Gov't can't simply cut checks for a Used Car program - running out of money in 4 days for a program designed to last 8 months - how can they run the most sophisticated healthcare delivery system in the world?
6. When you gov't spends 18 million to redesign a website when I can get a website on steroids for under $20,000 - how can we trust them to 'save money' in our healthcare system?
7. If the 'healthcare' industry who met with the president claims they can save $2 Trillion of the next 10 years - Why don't they do that anyway?[/i] What's stopping them from saving money? Why do we need to spend over a trillion dollars of Taxpayer money to get it done?
8. Do you want the Compassion of the IRS, the Effienciency of the Post Office and the Urgency of the DMV controlling your Doctor?
9. Remember the freedom you have to 'get a second opinion' - with Gov't Takeover of Healthcare - forget about it
10. You can 'keep you plan' as long as you don't ever change it, drop it, your employer drops it, goes out of business, you change employers - because once the program is implemented Private Insurers will no longer be allowed to ever offer new plans - ever - you can keep what you've got except you're 'Frozen in TIme'
11. Fill in the blank with your own; _________________________________________________________
*medicare info: numbers about medicare
Edited by Jake Robinson on Aug 5, 2009 9:35 AM
I just up loaded a PDF file on talking points of the Heath Care plan.
Go to Files and down load it.