The Buddhist Meditation and Study Group of Vero Beach Message Board › Some important announcements

Some important announcements

James D. P.
user 11684444
Group Organizer
Vero Beach, FL
Some important changes; As a result of last Monday morning's meeting, and based on feedback from the group as a whole, the Saturday meeting will return to the Women's Club. Also, I informed those present on Monday that with the Stuart group requesting my services as their teacher, probably weekly, I felt I needed to restrict my involvement with the Vero group to Saturdays.

Several people wanted the Tuesday night meeting to continue at Trudy's, so I asked Donna Hobbs, a member of the sangha who has many years of meditation practice and is a longtime student of Thich Nhat Hanh, to lead that group in my stead. In response to the wishes of many of the people who have been coming regularly on Tuesdays, the group will be more focused on the practice itself, rather than Buddhist philosophy, and include the opportunity to share with others the difficulties and challenges encountered in the process of spiritual growth.

The meditation room and the library at the Sangha House (Trudy's) will continue to be available for reading, study, small group meetings, classes, and just hanging out.

The women's center is not available on Saturday March 23 so the group will have to come up with an alternative plan for that morning. I'll let you know through an email when the decision is made. I leave for Philladelphia on March 17 and return on Easter, so the group will also have to figure out what to do on Saturday March 30.

No solution is perfect, but hopefully this will work out best for the majority of the sangha. Let's continue to communicate and fine-tune our operation as best we can.
A former member
Post #: 5
Thank you Jim. I'm sure we all appreciate you work in keeping our group active.

Steve