|Sent on:||Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:40 AM|
Ciao a Tutti!
This is a special but short social event/workshop update. This is the last learning Italian special update before the new classes begin. There is also pertinent social event information herein, our next update will be much smaller:
1. Social Meet-ups
a. You can find them all at http://iltavoloitaliano.com/GroupNews/ . Our next event is Pizza or other dinner if you prefer at Amalfi in Mount Pleasant. You have until 7:00 tonight to sign up. If you have joined us for a social event this is your chance to meet a few of us and there is plenty of room left. After this week 3 of the next 4 events are booked full with a waiting list that you may join so if you would like to find out why our event s are drawing more and more people go to: http://iltavoloitaliano.com/GroupNews/ and see what is available. May I suggest in particular the next dance, the Tiramsu making workshop or the cena in Italiano. As you can see some of these events are filling up quick.
b. We are already working on scheduling the summer social events, If you have an idea or would like to host an event, please be sure to let me know. I would like to find a couple of members would be willing to host pool parties at their home (it is recommended that you actually have a pool).
2. Learning Italian
a. All language workshops are now on the schedule and ready for registration.
i. Class descriptions can be found at http://iltavoloitaliano.com/Workshops/
ii. You can see the classes that are on the schedule now and open for registration at http://iltavoloitaliano.com/GroupNews/ they are at the bottom of the page.
iii. One reason we started registration so early (about 4 weeks in advance) is so if we see a class isn’t going to meet minimum attendance requirements we may opt to either cancel or move that class or try scheduling another class in its place so it does help us if you sign up sooner if you already know what you will be taking (if you are a student at the Italian Table that is)
iv. Currently almost 80 seats are reserved, one class is full and another one is 90% full. The response is actually the best we have ever had in the spring. Thank you!
v. Finally, if you have never studied Italian at all or our new to foreign language study I would really recommend our 6 week pronunciation course (http://www.meetup.com/The-Charleston-Italian-Language-Meetup/events/56586552/ )either before the beginner course or along with the beginner course. We just finished teaching this course for the first time and it ended up being far better than we had anticipated and now we made it even better. Here are a few reviews:
1. What did he say? Just finished the last session of the pronunciation class. Exccellante! Everything is easier now that I can actually pronounce (Well Almost!) what I am trying to learn. After six weeks I'm proud to say that I no longer sound like a "dope-pee-ah-voo". Chuck and his assistant Mike were great and understanding too. A lot of fun coupled with a lot of learning. I highly recommend this class. - Ed R.
2. I'm pleased with this very valuable class. - Suzanne K.
3. I would certainly recommend this class to anyone who is even thinking of beginning to learn any Italian. What a huge help this class has been. Grazie mille Carlo e Michele! - Carolyn H.
b. This next item IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. However, while keeping the current method for charging for workshops we have decided to introduce something new and you may be interested in it if:
i. You are taking more than one workshop or would like to
ii. Your schedule is really busy
iii. You would like to review a class now and then that you have taken
iv. You would just like the freedom to attend any class on any topic that is of interest to you
If any of the above describes you than you may want to consider a Spring 2012 workshop pass. With this pass you can attend any class of any workshop that we are offering this spring. Want to go back and brush up on Direct Object Pronouns or maybe go ahead just to learn about the conditional tense but don’t want to take all of Verb Drills 2? Not a problem, with this pass you are free to attend any class we offer as long as there are open seats. Here is how it works.
1. The cost of the pass is $120.00 and it is good for the duration of this next set of workshops.
2. You still need to register now for at least one workshop that you intend to attend (the cost of which would be included in the $120.00)
3. You need to RSVP on line for the other classes you would like to attend at least 24 hours in advance and there does need to be an open seat.
4. Books for the classes are not included in this fee.
5. We collect the $120.00 for the Spring 2012 workshop pass at the first class you attend and you are set for this entire set of classes. Attend classes at will
6. Finally, in order to obtain a pass you must email me at [address removed] no later than 2 weeks from today.
We have had a record number of people taking one or two private tutoring sessions to either make up for classes that they missed or to help clear up something that was not clear to them in preparation for the new classes. Due to this upswing in activity I do not have as many open time slots as I usually do but if you would be interested in one or a few private tutoring sessions to help get you up to speed for or just to prepare for a class, please email me at [address removed] Please also feel free to email me with any questions about the upcoming workshops/classes.
And finally the idea came up: Can I host a private class in my home that fits my schedule and educational needs? The answer is yes. If the class you really want to take isn’t scheduled for when or where you can take it you can opt to host a private class choosing the class you would like taught. If you are interested, email me at [address removed] for pricing and details.
Ci vediamo presto!
I will be emailing individual classes in order to help you prepare for class so please watch for these emails:
Remember to visit us at: