We all know the importance of Spaying & Neutering - Here's a way for YOU to help make that happen! Every month the Coalition to Unchain Dogs has a Spay Day where 30+ dogs are spay/neutered and we need your help.
What: Coalition to Unchain Dogs Spay Day
What We Need:
When: Thursday, July 19, 2012
Where: DeLisser Clinic | 8315 Byrum Drive | Charlotte, NC 28217
Who: 30 dogs from our targeted zip codes
Why: So we can help reduce pet overpopulation AND qualify for our Petsmart Grant!!!
- Transporters to pick up dogs from their homes, get paperwork signed by the owners, and bring the dog(s) to the clinic.
- Dogs need to be picked up between 6:15 am and 6:45 am.
- Transporters to pick them back up after surgery, return them home, and go over post surgery care with the owners.
- Dogs need to be picked up at 4:00 pm at the clinic.
Transporters will get more exact pick up times and instructions once we have the details and schedule worked out for the day. What Transporters Need:
- A crate (one can be provided and I will let you know how and where to pick it up prior to the Spay Day.)
- Paper work (this is also provided for you, one form via email and one that will need to be picked up in advance)
- A leash
Let me know if you can volunteer to transport, and please provide the following information:
- Whether you are available to transport in the morning, afternoon or both
- What size crate you can fit into your car (and if applicable, how many crates could fit)
- Your comfort level and experience with under socialized or fearful dogs. (You can rate your experience on a scale of 1-10... 10 being as EXPERIENCED and COMFORTABLE as Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer, in handling dangerous dogs.)
Please email Debbie Reed if you would like to volunteer - [address removed]