addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › Down to Business

Down to Business

Kyle B.
user 50799212
Columbus, OH
Post #: 1
My name's Kyle Blackston, and I've just found this group today. I'm currently living in Defiance, OH (a nice little jaunt from Columbus) and working with two others from across Ohio on an Android application. If everything goes according to plan, the end of this summer will be my first game release.

I have been reading a game design article by Tom Sloper, and scouring the rest of the internet for any advice, and am glad I found this place. I'm looking to set up shop here in Ohio, to fulfill my passion and support my family. If I'm financially able, my artist and I will definitely be attending the meet later this month. The company name I'm currently working under is Punching Love Productions™ and I have a bachelor's in English from OSU Lima.

When my current team met (my artist, a freelance programmer and my artist's friend, acting as a part-time project manager) I'd put together a collection of concepts. I'm going revise those concepts and put them together into a portfolio. If I can start up another project with other people attending these meets, I am fully willing to organize another group. I use Asana frequently to organize projects, and am fully willing to commute on a regular basis. I currently drive to Lima every day for work (an hour drive), where my parents live, and could easily spend a night there before driving down to Columbus to meet up with team members. The end goal of all of this is to set up or join a game development company in or around Columbus.

If anyone is particularly interested in what I've done and what I have planned, feel free to contact me before the meet.
Todd B.
ToddBarchok
Westerville, OH
Post #: 32
Hey, and welcome to the group. (I meant to reply to this earlier, but got distracted by shiny things)

Hopefully you'll be able to make it to the meetup this month, if not, then perhaps one in the future. Good luck with the Android app, hopefully it goes according to plan. Finally, if you want to use this meetup group to schedule meetings near you, feel free. I can't guarantee I'll make it out to any (it depends on the date and other things, obviously), but you're welcome to use this group as a springboard for a local Toledo group or something like that.