Columbia Atheists Message Board › Well...That sure was a fiery response

Well...That sure was a fiery response

A former member
Post #: 7
It's been a little over a year since the classic Hitchens and Fry versus the Catholics debate, so I think it was about time for a speech like this...

hope you're all doing well
Greg L.
user 8659573
Group Organizer
Columbia, MO
Post #: 40
This speech is epic.

Thanks for posting it Scott.

user 11546408
Columbia, MO
Post #: 6
I'm speechless. But that's okay, because I believe he said it all, or at least close enough.
Alan J.
user 11365322
Columbia, MO
Post #: 1
Thanks for posting this. Dawkins is right about the religious connection to Hitler. He was anything but an atheist. He follows a long tradition initiated by Christianity. Both Catholicism and Protestantism have a long history of anti-Semitism. If you look at the writings of Martin Luther you will find many disgusting statements about Jews. Luther got his attitudes from the Catholic Church. There could have been no Holocaust without Christianity. That Ratzinger now tries to blame it on atheists doesn't address the hundreds of years of persecution leading up to the Holocaust. Nor did atheist cause the persecution of pagans in Europe, the Crusades, the massacre of Native Americans, the enslaving of Africans, witch trials, auto-da-fes and the predations of Gilles de Rais, Vlad Tepes and Elizabeth Bathory. As I studied history I became more and more disgusted with religion, especially the one around me: Christianity

Here is a link to a rather mild, but thoughtful article about Ratizinger's past:

Because of my health I have not been able to make it to any of the meetings, but I follow your postings. I am happy to see that there are other sane people in the world.

user 10231222
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1,364
I love Dawkins. We need more people like him in the world.