The DC High Dynamic Rangers Message Board › DC Auto Show

DC Auto Show

Rob C.
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 9
The DC auto show is running now. I hear there are supposed to be 700 models on display. Not sure how that is possible but I've never been to the facility either. Was wondering if anyone was going just to look or to take photographs.­

The problem isn't how much you make, it's how much you spend.
Victoria P.
user 6474856
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 2
I went to the Auto Show yesterday. Basic advice: 1. it gets really crowded, so if you want to get shots of the cars without people, go at the off-times, 2. it is spread over two floors. The lighting on the bottom floor is pretty dim, so take a fast lens if you have one, 3. I didn't see anyone using a tripod except for some media reporters, so I don't know if you need permission for one, 4. the spaces around cars are tight, so a wide-angle lens works well, 5. the cars have lots of glare and light spots on them from the ceiling lights, and lots of reflections, so maybe trying a polarizing filter would be good (although would need an even faster lens), or at least, watch for the patterns of lights on the cars and what is shown in the reflections.
And allow a fair amount of time - there really are 700 cars.