addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The EGL Message Board › Looking for Boardgame hosts for April gaming event

Looking for Boardgame hosts for April gaming event

Ali S
netarc
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 9
Hey, folks ... we are holding a family boardgaming event for Sat, April 7th in SF (4-8pm), at which folks will be able to learn about various game genres at different tables to become familiar with & actually play some of the new generation of boardgames. And ... we need 'table hosts', folks who can man various tables to introduce games, explain the rules and participate in game play.

The event was one for which tickets were sold to Rooftop School (a K-8 public school in SF) families during a fundraising events (see billing at bottom of email). As boardgame afficienados, I hope you'll consider helping us out with the event as a 'game host?"

The general idea is that we'll have a number of tables/chairs around a large room (and yes, the venue & furniture is a lock), and each table will host games of a specific genre. Working ideas for genres include: resource/building, train, fantasy, card, party, etc (please lmk if you have other genre split and/or selection ideas!).

At each table, I'd like at least 1, but hopefully 2, game hosts. Hosts will introduce the table's visitors to that table's game options, explain the rules/premise, and actually conduct play sessions. I'm figuring we'll have 2-4 games at each table, ideally.

Can you help? If so, please send me an email (netarc -at- gmail -dot- com) or reply here. Let me know if you have a preferred gaming genre or two you'd like to host, if you have suggestions, etc. For your help, you'll be well-fed! Thanks for considering!

What kind of games? Mostly those with a Euro-style focus, e.g., Settlers, Carcassone, Pandemic, 7 Wonders, but also stuff like Word on the Street, Munchkin, Coloretto, Ticket/Ride, Dixit ... as well as a handful of stuff for kinder/1st graders. In fact, if you have a game(s) you'd like to share, please let me know!

So who's coming? Looks like we have ~8 families - 4-6 2nd graders, 2-3 kinders, 3-4 4th graders and 1-3 older, along with ~9-11 adults.

--- Event Billing ---

Wish your family could take a break from the boob tube, the internet and video games? Then come out & join us for a special social event on Saturday April 7th, and introduce your family to the new breed of board games making waves across the country!

Have you guys heard of Catan, Dominion, Dr. Lucky, Munchkin or Dixit? That's because these aren't your father's boardgames! We'll have friendly gaming experts on hand to teach you the various games, so no need to worry about poring over the rulebook!

After an evening playing these new, innovative games, don't be surprised if "family game night" becomes the norm, rather than the exception, for your family!

Purchase a $25 family ticket (good for up to 4; extra single tickets for $5) to game night on Saturday, April 7th. We will start at 4pm and run though 9pm. So what are you waiting for, buy your ticket and join other Rooftop families for a fun night of board games, drinks and appetizers!