add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

East Bay Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › A Taste of India in an Extraordinary Place Friday February 25th 6:30 p.m.

A Taste of India in an Extraordinary Place Friday February 25th 6:30 p.m.

user 2970943
Oakland, CA
Just a reminder that it's the last day to sign up for this event at the $22 fee.

It will be going up to $25 tomorrow.

Hope you can make it!­

It's Friday 6:30 p.m.

I’m excited to announce that Briksha will be giving us another dinner of his wonderful Indian Raw Food. Raw Indian food is a rare treat and Briksha has mastered the art of it.

I used to at times crave Indian food and when I made an exception to my raw food diet, it was always for Indian food. Briksha himself has been surprised at how little he misses the cooked food versions because some of his recipes are actually better than the dish that inspired them.

This event will be hosted by one of our members in a venue that will surprise you. Raliegh has generously offered his beautiful Berkeley Waterfall House for this special event. All I can say is CHECK it out! We are so blessed to be able to have this special dinner there.

Briksha will also give an introduction to how conscious breath helps with conscious eating. Conscious eating helps to moderate over-eating and emotional eating- and this is something I believe a raw food diet does. But conscious eating is useful. This will be short, perhaps 15 min before the dinner.

Those who came to Briksha's demo last year know just how healthy his delicious dishes are. He puts tons of greens in them. After sampling this, we're hoping to have him back for another demo.

The cost is $22 per person and the limit on this dinner is 20 so do RSVP right away. We are asking that you pay to RSVP so Briksha will know in advance how many are definitely coming.

Three days before the event the price will be raised to $25.

As our sponsor, Briksha is generously donating 10% of the proceeds to the meetup.

Before dinner we will have

masala chia with hemp-hazelnut milk

The dinner will start around 7 p.m.

Dinner will include:

• Veggie ball with Apple chutney
  • Green salad with avo-tahini dressing
  • Zuccini bread with cranberry sauce
  • Vanilla and chocolate/mint ice-cream
  • More - Briksha will surprise us