Announcing a new Meetup for The Edmonton Personal Growth Workshop Meetup Group!
What: Assertive Communication - Part 2 of 2
When: May 21,[masked]:30 PM
Price: CAD8.00 per person
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: How is your assertiveness? Do you get flustered when you feel like someone is attacking you verbally? Would you like to learn better boundary setting?
This is our second of a two part workshop on assertive communication. If you could not attend Part 1, you are still welcome to join this one. I will do a quick review of what we covered.
People naturally communicate in a more passive or aggressive ways at work, at home, with your friends.
Understanding the main different communication styles will help you become more aware of how you are interacting with individuals around you and give you the choice to adjust your style to a more healthy one.
In the last workshop you learned:
- The four main types of communication (the healthy and the not so healthy)
- What your default communications style is
- How to identify if someone you are talking to is trying to manipulate or intimidate you
- A formula for communicating more assertively
In this one you will learn how to:
- Build on the assertiveness formula we discussed last workshop
- Stick to your position even if someone is trying to you from your position
- Communicate healthy boundaries in an assertive way
See you for some learning and role playing in this fun and supportive environment!
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2009
Time: 6:30 pm - 8 pm (please arrive at least 10 minutes early to register)
Payment method: Please pay online when you RSVP - you do not need to be a PayPal member to use PayPal, you just need a credit card. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
See you on Thursday!
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/The-Edmonton-Personal-Growth-Workshop-Meetup-Group/calendar/10433487/