The Edmonton Shutter-Bugs - A Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Ghost town locations

Ghost town locations

A former member
Post #: 3

A former member
Post #: 3
Nice list. I am slowly googling them to get an idea of what remains. Would you be interested in going to the better ones?
A former member
Post #: 11
Let's discuss it further during our Coffee Meet next Saturday. Looking forward to it!
Deb D.
user 80095612
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
PICK MEEEEEEEEEEE
A former member
Post #: 16
I checked every location on Google Earth. Most of them are in a farmer's field. With others, the legal description does not jive with Google Earth, and the town (or shacks) can be up to a mile away. But then, maybe somebody moved them.
There are a few interesting prospects to check out. But I think we'll wait until the snow stops! lol
A former member
Post #: 17
Cam, we need some more input here. Where's the rest of the abandoned shack lovers. We need for this snow to disappear so we can get some cool photos and make everyone drool!
A former member
Post #: 2
Cam :

You mentioned the coordinates of the house in our chat on saturday. Would you mind sending these coordinates.

Rod
Michael C.
chevalier
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 19
I would love to photograph some ghost towns, but as someone else pointed out, it's a matter of finding the ones that actually have some real remnants, instead of just a few chunks of concrete in a field. I think most are in southern Alberta.
A former member
Post #: 18
We just got back from Arizona with lots of old building photos. There are still a lot of picturesque old buildings around. If our weather were more reliable, we could go searching. I spent years working for pipelines, which entails driving mainly down back roads. So I know a few good spots. Hope theyare still there after 10 years.
A former member
Post #: 26
Popular Photography May 2013 Page 42 has an article called Ghost Story, including Ghost Town Tips. Unfortunately, the ghost towns in the article are in California