addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Eugene Book and Social Club Message Board › Halloween details- sound system or computer speakers? larger space?

Halloween details- sound system or computer speakers? larger space?

A former member
Hey bookclub,

I would like to get the Halloween party in order soon while I have the time to organize details...some requests:

1) I don't think we'll find a free DJ so I'm thinking we can just play music off my computer or someone else's computer (I don't have a lot of dance-y music so if you do have more of a party playlist, that would be great!) ...soooo, what we need someone to offer is some good computer speakers at least. I have no speakers and you do not want to hear my laptop's sound quality!

2) For the sake of being more inclusive and having more of a dance-able dynamic to the party, please let us know if you have a bigger space for the party. Mari has graciously offered her space but it is limited to about 20 guests and she doesn't have a sound system. I would love to see more than 20 members for the party if that is possible, so if time and space can be negotiated to make that happen, let's do it!

I know that Sunday evening is not prime party time so if you'd like to see the party happen on Saturday instead please send email or comments and if I hear a lot of that I will consider rescheduling.

3) Also, I hope the party can be accessible to wheelchairs, etc. So if you have that kind of place that would be especially helpful!

4) If people want to be more organized about food and drink, please leave comments on the page about what you're bringing. If not, we'll have potluck-luck and just see what shows up! I don't want anyone to feel they can't come due to cost so don't worry if you can't bring anything, just bring yourself!

5) Richard has some costume options to share so if you need a costume, get in touch with me or Richard.

6) You don't have to wear a costume, but you do have to wear shirt and shoes ;) Maybe not the shoes?

Ok, well that's all I have for now, I hope not to clutter your inbox further but if I don't get the necessary feedback I may have to post another comment and/or create a party that pleases only myself, haha.