We're strictly for singles who are 40 and over, who enjoy upscale travel, parties, dining out, Museums, Theater/Broadway, and, live within 4 hours of NYC OR who are in NYC frequently.
A note to those thinking about joining this group
This club features everything from dining out & movies to Broadway/Lincoln Center outings to Yankees games to day trips & even vacation opportunities. Please be forewarned that most activities will be in the $50 to $150 per person range, so, if that is too high for your wallet, then we're probably not the type of club for you anyhow. This isn't about bowling, beers & watching tv on weekends -- and we have no desire to make it into that type of club.
Lastly, pleased be advised that some activities such as trips or holiday parties are going to require commitment & some type of deposit to hold your spot - while we realize 90% of you don't know what you're doing tomorrow, you (as a group participant) must understand that certain activities DO require advanced payment... Sometimes WELL in advance, kindly hold any snide remarks you may have on this topic to yourself or simply don't join.
**Our Group Rules - Please Read**
1. All activities require a $2 charge at the time of your RSVP. You will receive this $2 back if you show up for the event or cancel 48 hours prior to the event. It is solely at the Organizer's discretion to waive the $2 fee or offer any refund.
All payments are via Amazon.com
2. For those who RSVP they are attending a Broadway show or any activity that requires ticketing -- Once you pay, you are committed. All ticketed events are on a no refund, no exceptions policy. If you purchase a ticket and can no longer make it to an event, it is up to you to find a group member to buy the ticket from you or you (and you alone) absorb the cost of the ticket. We made one exception for one person and that is only because this rule was not in place at the time.
For those who wish to attend very popular shows such as Evita which is selling out show after show, we may need to purchase Premium Tickets or from legitimate ticket re-sellers such as StubHub.com and that means paying more than the face value of the ticket. We don't set the price point, the theater or the re-seller does -- it's that simple.
For all other shows -- we WILL be using discount services such as BroadwayBox.com (which we know is legitimate) to obtain tickets, and, the actual ticket price will be disclosed approximately 2 weeks prior to tickets being purchased. We will only use discount services that are legitimate such as BroadwayBox.com which gives a discount code to use at Telecharge.com or Ticketmaster.com We will not purchase tickets via Ebay or your Uncle's Friend's Cousin or any other unproven method.
3. Do not use the group or its members as a catapult for political, religious or monetary platforms. It makes people feel uncomfortable, and, our social events are not the time nor place for this type of activity. Violators will be warned twice, on the third offense they will be banned from the group.
4. You have 3 opportunities to RSVP and not show up without prior notice to the Organizer. On the 4th RSVP and no-show without notice, you will be banned from the group. This is the only way we can weed out those who are just wasting space that could be used by people who really want to attend.
5. Inactivity Cause. If you join the group and it has been 6 months or longer and you never attended an activity, you may removed from the group, however, you may sign up again at a later date with the understanding we do expect you to participate from time to time. Removals and reinstatements are strictly at the discretion of the Organizers of this group.
**Wait-List & Bumping Rules**
A lot of our activities are very popular, and, usually space is limited, and, therefore, wait-lists do tend to form with our group. And, due to past experiences with our group, it has become necessary to set some rules regarding wait-list situations. These rules allow our most loyal members some special privileges.
1. "Regular Members" (those who have attended at least 3 of our events and have been courteous to organizers and other group members by either attending events or canceling 48 hours in advance) have priority consideration on all wait-lists. This privilege will allow "Regular Members" to leap-frog over others on the wait-list at the discretion of the Organizers of this group.
2. To gain "Regular Member" status sign up for activities and actually attend. Once you attend 3 events without any unexcused reasons, you will be given "Regular Member" status. It's that simple.
3. Sometimes we have two activities taking place back to back. Most often this happens when a Broadway show is scheduled along with a dinner prior to the show. Ticket holders always have priority RSVP privileges over non-ticket holders and this includes priority RSVP privileges over "Regular Members".
Some people tend to think rules don't apply to them, and, some of our organizers have been stuck picking up the difference in restaurant bills. This is totally unacceptable. Therefore, the following rules are now in effect.
1. You pay for what you purchase. (Unless it is pre-agreed to split a bill evenly prior to the arrival of the bill.)
2. When calculating what you owe for your part of the bill please add up everything you ordered from drinks to entrees to desserts and add 30%. This additional amount will cover taxes and tip. For example, if you ordered $30 worth of drinks and food, $30 x 30% = $9.00 for a total of $39 due for your meal. If you do not agree with this policy -- don't sign up for restaurant events.
3. If there is a discrepancy of funds (meaning someone didn't pay for their fair share and the total is falling short), the Organizer or the person who is in charge of collecting money for the bill has the option of asking each person attending what they ordered to find who has not paid enough. If you short change the group more than twice, you will be banned.
4. In the case you do not have enough cash with you or walked off without your credit card or debit card -- just tell the group. Overall, our members are wonderful people and with a simple explanation most members of our group would be more than happy to help cover your expenses in cases where you do not have enough cash or whatever your circumstance might be... However, it is extremely important that you repay those who covered you within 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in automatic removal from the group. No exceptions. And, those who regularly abuse this privilege will also be banned from the group. It is up to each member to decide whether he or she wishes to contribute towards funds when someone might not have enough to cover their portion of the bill. (There is never pressure or expectations for you to cover someone else.)
All decisions are at the discretion of the Organizers of this group. Period.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members