The Foxboro Grind & Grub Group Message Board › If you were Wondering

If you were Wondering

Dave N.
user 10478672
Warwick, RI
Hi,  Just to let you know, we rode 2 areas that were hit hard by Sandy.  If you saw the News & were Wondering, that looks familiar, doesn't it.  You are right.

When we rode to Point Judith Lighthouse  &  the Ride around Narragansett, we rode on Ocean Road.  Beautiful Water Views, along the Pier.  That is where we all Meet-Up, to head back to the Bike Path.   Now that Road is Littered with stones, compliments of Sandy.  The Water came over the Sea Wall, depositing Rocks & Debris  on a Road we traveled.

In Westerly / Misquamicut,  we rode Atlantic Ave., on our  Backroads & Beaches,  Bike Ride, in September.  That was a Beautiful 2 mile section, with the Atlantic Ocean on our Right.  It ended where we all met-up, took a Left & headed back to our cars. ( I mention this, for those trying to remember the area ).   I think it is now  covered in sand.

So now when you gather with friends & family, you will be able to show them where you rode your bike, this year.  See all those Rocks, Sand, & Debris on the that Road.   I rode my Bike there.  Cooooool !!!

If you missed these  Rides,  we will be back next Year.  As my Dad would say, " God willing and the Well don't run dry."

Dave N.