The Getting to Know Central PA Group Message Board › New Year and updated policies - reading required!

New Year and updated policies - reading required!

Erica
user 20587141
Group Organizer
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hello everyone!

Welcome to 2013 and the beginning of year 2 for this meetup group!  We had an amazing year in 2012 and I'm really looking forward to all the events that we are going to experience together in 2013 and meeting all the new people in this group that I haven't met yet!  In the spirit of the new year, I wanted to send out a quick reminder and update to our existing policies for a quick refresher.  Please read them because if you RSVP for, organize or attend a meetup, it is acknowledging that you will abide by them.  If you have any questions on the following policies, please don't hesitate to ask!  Additionally, if you have any other feedback you can send that to me as well.

Frequent Attender/Payment Policy: The cost for each meetup attended is $1, up to $3 during a 6 month period.  However, if you would like to pay for a full year up front, you can give me $6 at the first meetup you attend and I will consider you paid in full for the year.

Meetup Suggestion Policy: Members can suggest and organize meetups for the group, however all details must be organized prior to suggesting a meetup to the group (date, time, location, event).  If you suggest a meetup through the website, it is your responsibility to organize.  If you want to suggest an idea, but not organize anything, then send the suggestion to me via email and I will do my best to organize a meetup around that event, but can't guarantee that all suggestions will become meetups.  Meetups organized by members can not conflict with an existing meetup posted for the group and cannot be inappropriate by nature.  Additionally, the member organizing the meetup should not be collecting the $1 fee as the only person paying dues is me.  If anybody other than me (Erica) tries to collect a $1 from you at a meetup, please let me know so I can address it with them.

No-Show Policy: Unfortunately, several recent meetups require me to make this policy slightly more strict.  To ensure that I am still able to make reservations at places in the area, I can no longer allow for people to change their RSVPs to my events last minute.  By only showing up with half the people that I had made reservations for, I am not leaving a great impression at these places and that is not something I am ok with.  So, the number of no-shows allowed (no show = RSVPing Yes for an event and then not showing up, without changing your RSVP on the website) will remain at 3.  After 3 no-shows you will be removed from the group.  I understand that things come up last minute, but after 3 it becomes a pattern.

The change in the policy is around the timing for which you can RSVP for an event.  All events hosted by me will have the RSVPs close 6 hours before the event is due to start.  This means that you will not be able to change your RSVP within 6 hours of the event time.  If you are unable to change your RSVP last minute and do not attend, this will be counted as a no-show.  I do take attendance at every event and keep track of who doesn't show up.  I would like people to be thoughtful about what events they really are planning to attend and RSVP for them with that in mind.  While this particular aspect is my last favorite part of managing this group, its something that I have to do for the good of the group.

I will be posting this on the message board so they are available for everyone to reference as needed.  I hope that everyone had a happy holidays and that their 2013 has started off well!  Again, I'm very much looking forward to all the experiences we will get to share this year and the memories we will make! :)

Erica