addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Getting to Know Central PA Group Message Board › No-Show Policy - please read

No-Show Policy - please read

Closed to new replies

Erica
user 20587141
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to send this email but I have had several people tell me recently that they were unaware of our group no-show policy.  I feel obliged to point out that every member who joins the group gets a welcome email, which does state the following:

"Please check the group's message board for our group policies - labeled under New Year and updated policies, date 1/6/13. By RSVPing, organizing or attending a meetup it is acknowledged that you will abide by these policies. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask."

If you were already a member of the group prior to 1/6/13, then you received the email explaining these policies directly. If you are receiving this email today and have never read the no-show policy I strongly recommend that you go read it now.

I absolutely understand that things come up and life gets in the way sometimes, which is why I have a 3 strikes policy.  I'm not going to kick anyone out because they had something come up and had to miss one event, even two.  However, when people consistently RSVP for events and then don't show up, that is not considerate of the other people attending - we have lost group rates because of this in the past.  Also, with so many events having limited attendance and waiting lists, not changing your RSVP can keep someone else who wanted to attend from being able to.  Lastly, with so many ways to change your RSVP via computer, phone app, or even just with a text message to the phone number I provide to the group for every meetup I host, there should be very few reasons why I am not informed that you won't be there.  It only takes a few minutes of your time to change that RSVP.

I don't like having to police people's attendance so this is the least favorite part of organizing this group for me.  We are all adults and I want to treat everyone as such.  However our no-show rate has skyrocketed in the last couple months and that is not a trend I want to continue, as it makes it more difficult for me to make reservations at places and it gives the group a bad name.  I will amend the welcome email to specifically mention no-show policy as one of the group policies, however going forward, telling me that you were unaware of the policy is not an excuse.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this email and hopefully I won't have to send out another one like this!  I hope that everyone has a great weekend!  Thanks!

Erica