The Glendale Photography Group Message Board › RSVPs and discussions policy

RSVPs and discussions policy

Eric
rictango
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 38
Hi All,

We have seen a steady growth in our membership and had a lot of fun meetups in the past year. We are trying to ensure all our meetups are successful and everyone actually attending has a great experience. Therefore, we are going to start limiting RSVPs, on a case to case basis, to make sure that the number of attendees is limited to a manageable group. We will also be monitoring no shows and last minute cancellations. If you are not planning to attend, please remove your RSVPs at least 24 hours prior to the event in order to allow for others to attend.
Discussions on the forum have for the most part been very cordial and the exchanges friendly. We want to continue to encourage this and Organizers have kept intervention to a minimum in the past. It has been noted that there have been occasional posts that have been offensive to some and detrimental to the group as a whole. If we note any conversations that are deemed inappropriate, the Organizers reserve the right to remove the offending posts and revoke your membership. There will be a zero tolerance policy for trolling and offensive remarks moving forward. We want this group to be open and welcome for all members.

Thank you for your understanding and hope to see you at the meetups.

Eric T
Eugene P.
InsaneO
Encino, CA
Post #: 82
Eric I don't think it is fair to everyone here.
First of all not everyone can plan several weeks ahead.
Most people RSVP just to get a spot but will not attend. Those who don't have a spot
and will not know about availability of the spot until 24 hours before the event will likely schedule to do something else. I think it should be at least 72 hours or even longer.
And what are you going to do if someone will show up without RSVP?

just my $02
Eric
rictango
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 39
Hi Eugene,

Thank you for your input and response. This RSVP policy applies only to hosted events. We are trying to ensure a positive outcome for everyone who attends. We certainly will be watching how attendance is in the upcoming events and we will also be monitoring people who do RSVP but do not show up. If we see a pattern, we will be making adjustments to the policy and flag members who do this on a regular basis. Organizers can even bar members for serial absenteeism. Last minute cancellations will also be checked and a 72 hour cutoff is certainly a possibility. I would certainly consider this.
As for fairness, we are trying to post events far ahead of schedule for members to join on an equal basis. No one has an advantage. But we are striving to improve the whole experience for everyone and we want people to come away with a positive impression. Limiting attendance for greater control or monitoring ensures that organizers can be there for everyone. Having 40 people with one organizer is not ideal and unfair when trying to provide assistance or answering questions. Giving people ample time to change their RSVPs is also another thing we will be looking at carefully.
If you do show up without an RSVP, you are more than welcome to attend but we will not be responsible for you. You may be unable to rate and provide your feedback or impressions on events. Priority for assistance will fall to those who did RSVP. Those are the only drawbacks I am aware of. Thank you again!