addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Glendale Photography Group Message Board › Photoshop Elements vs. Lightroom

Photoshop Elements vs. Lightroom

Donna
user 10420425
Livermore, CA
Post #: 96
Could someone tell me the difference between Photoshop Elements and Lightroom; or are they the same? What's the preference of one over the other; and why? Thank you.
Donna
user 10420425
Livermore, CA
Post #: 97
Yay, I got a response. Thank you so much, Rich. I guess I'll lean towards Elements. I'd still like more responses though.
Eric
rictango
South Pasadena, CA
Post #: 41
Hi Donna,
I'm a Photoshop user myself, PS5, and I think that you should get the 30 day trial version of lightroom 4. There is a meetup called 24hourphotoshop posted and if you go to the link there, you can go to the event site and download a free copy for yourself. Many experts have said that lightroom has most of the features that people need from PS6. Having watched several demos myself, I was impressed by it's overall capabilities. Try it out and you be the judge.
Donna
user 10420425
Livermore, CA
Post #: 98
Thank you so much, Eric, for the response. I'll have to follow up on that. Too many decisions to make....