The Great Australian Shepherd Texas Roundup Message Board › Hey everyone! - Introduction

Hey everyone! - Introduction

Closed to new replies

Adele S.
user 11422111
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Hey guys! Thanks so much for joining the Austin Area Australian Shepherds meetup group! I'm very excited to have this group under way and gathering members quickly. Please spread the news of the group to any of your other Aussie friends. Facebook, email, twitter... anyway you can think of it. :)

Our first meetup is scheduled for March 7th at 1pm and I'm really excited to meet everyone there! Action Pack Dog Center has graciously offered to host our first meeting ever and I know everyone will love it there. It's super dog friendly and the staff are really nice. I actually work there and so I know the facility and the owners really well. We will be gathering in an enclosed outside field that has lots of room for the dogs to run and play and a picnic table and shade for the humans!

If anyone has any meetup ideas please let me know! I may be the organizer, but I would love to have everyone involved.

My focus for AAAustralian Shepherds is to bring together a growing number of people passionate about the breed. whether you rescued your Aussie or got him from a reputable breeder or even if you are just interested in the breed. As much as I love mutts too I want to stay focused on primarily the Australian Shepherd breed so please take note of that. If you do have an amazing rescue dog that is an Aussie or nearly a full bred Aussie than you are more than welcome! The love of my life, Mickey, is a rescue Aussie with a full tail.

There is a 5$ membership fee that is required. It may seem inconvenient, but it does cost me to run this group and also my goal is to end up sending everything but the actual base cost of the website to Australian Shepherd Rescue groups in Texas!

Most of all I want to educate people. Educate them on the breed and proper care of the breed or any dog. As much as I love Australian Shepherds, they are defiantly not the breed for everyone. You have to truly love herding breeds with strong prey drives, a messy nature, an insane desire to chew and chase objects, over achieving and highly intelligent brains but hearts of pure gold. I'm love questions and encourage them!

Welcome to Austin Area Australian Shepherds!

Adele Shaw