The Hacking Room Project, Munich Message Board › Notes of our first meeting
~ 13 people, 19:00 - 22:00
* What do we want to do at the space?
-> Collecting ideas wih PostIts. (I'll upload a picture later)
* Can be grouped in 5 categories ( + misc.)
* Learn & Teach
* Workshop (Shared equipment)
* What do we miss in the other spaces in Munich? -> FabLab, muCCC, Werkbox, Heji
* Build a community
* Weekly meetings
* Short introductions of everyone (GDocs?)
* Vivid about project kickoffs at frog: Who am I? What are my superpowers? What do I expect? What do I want to learn? What do I have to offer?
* Chicken/Egg? -> Community? Making?
* Quick and temporary? There are many places that are supposed to be torn down in 1-2 years, and can be used temporarily for very little money. Finding a space like that might be a lot easier than finding something "stable" (people know people). However, we might have to move out on short notice.
* Build everything movable. (compared to gardening project in Schwabing)
* Take a time
* Buy a place?
* Go bold and start big? Start small, and grow?
* For free?
* Membership fees
* Experience from other spaces: expenses (rent, heating, electricity) should be covered by membership fees.
* Sponsoring? (Goverment/Companies) -> maybe on a project basis
* Sell stuff?
* Necessary? Desireable?
* Only temporarily? (see hackerspace patterns)
* Facilitators instead of leaders
* Next steps:
* More meetups
* Which day? -> Wednesday seems to work best
* Weekly "small" meetings, bigger meetings every once in a while (monthly?)
* Build a core group -> foundation
* Get to know each oher.
* Introduction GDoc (see above)
* Spread the word
* Find our Unique Selling Proposition (or at least ideas for that)
* Knowledge collection
If you have anything to add to that, feel free to post it below.