The Hollywood Painting, Photography and Mixed Media Meetup Message Board › submissions for Christmas Show

submissions for Christmas Show

Lissette
user 7315595
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Hi guys,

How are you? I hope u r all busy creating and exhibiting your work.

I'm sorry that I haven't been in great contact with the group. Besides doing my art, I'm producing an indie film and that takes up a lot of my time. However, I'm very much looking forward to our Christmas show this year (recently announced as a meetup). So far every show has sold art and has been a full house. I'm very happy about that. All of you have helped to the success of the shows, with your attendance and support, and by networking at our exhibitions. It creates a warm and wonderful vibe. I'll be looking at submissions for the show this month. I do have 4 artists that are returning, and most of them have sold art at our shows. But I will be including a few more, though only 3-4. Please send me samples of the work that you would like to exhibit. I'm interested in pieces that are priced from $100 to $1,000. That's usually the price of what sells, averaging in $500 per piece. U will be doing a lot of marketing and invites, and that's why our venue only takes a 30% commission. Once you submit, please know that I can't answer all emails, it's simply not possible, I'm sorry about that :( I am looking for photography or paintings, and I love artists who show a unique perspective, their work is a nice mix of commercial/ fine art, are committed to their art (and it shows through their bio and their website).

Also, most of our returning artists are supportive of the exhibitions, help with the posters, and publicity photography/video. We all just keep growing together. And I just sold 8 of my pieces too, in fact, all of the work I have created for my exhibitions, so I feel very lucky and energized.

Also, if any of you know of a speaker in the fine arts (marketing, publicity, etc), who you think we can bring in for the exhibition and add as an educational aspect of the show, please let me know.

Thank you for having joined the meetup and supporting our events.

Lots of success with your work and keep rockin with new work!

Lissette neonvenusarttheatre@yahoo.com

http://www.neonvenusg...­